Thread: Ringing in my ear

Ringing in my ear

I have recently started having anxiety and panic attacks again after being free of them for a year after having CBT for health anxiety.
    Something has triggered it off again and i seem to be getting a constant ringing in my left ear that seems to be the sound of my heart or pulse rushing through it. It's worse at night if i stick a pillow over my ear it eases off. I have to have the radio on at work as i am conscious of it all the time. Iam also finding it hard to concentrate my vision, i am constantly gazing into space, it's worrying as i seem to do it often when i'm driving.

Does anyone else experience this?

Re: Ringing in my ear

I do and I know now that it is anxiety that causes it (mine is worse in my right ear). The less anxious I am the less I hear it. My doctor explained that it is because the blood rushes round faster when you are anxious so you hear the pulse more. I have sounds pillow with speakers in and play relaxing music when I am going to sleep to stop me hearing the pulsing noise.

I've never heard of a sounds pillow, i might try that..thank you!

They have them on Amazon about £12 I love mine

Hi there
    A year ago my anxiety was really bad and i had ringing in my ear. I went to doctors, ENTs, had sinus scans, hearing tests...
    It eventually went away on its own. I was also dizzy, blurred vision, and experienced derealization. And twitches. And... and and!

It will pass, although its really annoying! :-
    Take care!

Thanks Ally-SA, i have since seen other posts relating ringing ears and it's reassuring to know it's just a symptom of Stress/Anxiety.

Wow, I'm getting this too and didn't think it was related to my anxiety. I have a low frequency rumbling in my left ear which sounds a bit like a car's engine revving and I can feel a little bit of pressure. I notice it most when I'm laying down at night. I went to see the doctor on Monday and she said it was either some fluid stuck in my ear (which will clear itself of it's own accord) or it's an anxiety symptom.

It's definitely an anxiety symptom for me!

i have it too, in my left hear, i also have a clicky like sound aswell.
    Very surreal.

I have a constant ringing in my right ear. It is not super loud. It is likely caused by my untreated myofascial trigger points in my jaw / neck / head area. When I press on my masseter muscle the ringing gets louder. See if you have any muscle pain.

There are many possible causes on ringing in the ear. One is muscles either temporary by posture (called somatic tinnitus) or more chronic from myofascial trigger points.

If it is trigger points look up Paul Ingraham and read that.

Thread Information