Thread: IBS -BMs

IBS -BMs

This is TMI but if I was ever going to ask this question I feel here is the best place to ask...

IBS BMs - undigested food? Is that normal? I'm convinced that it's all stress (and therefore IBS) related... but is this normal?

Thanks ladies and gents, sorry for the grisly subject matter!

Re: IBS -BMs

I have IBS and when it's very bad I get indigested food in it too. If it's going through you too fast for your body to digest it, then that can happen. If it's just occasional then it won't do you much harm, but if it's all the time then you will need meds to slow things down so you can digest your food.

Hi there.
    I posted about IBS symptoms too and yes undigested food is normal. My IBS is also anxiety related. There is a good sticky thread on this forum which might ease your worries a little. Mips x

Yeah I've looked at a lot of the IBS stuf on here, and I'm starting to stress to myself that it's probably just IBS but it's still a shock when I spot food in the loo!!!!

Mushrooms, sweetcorn,some kidney beans,tomatoes and many more, when we are anxious we also dont chew food as well as we should and also we dont drink enough water, but if you could see your bowel especially the colon it moves like a snake riggling but when we are anxious it goes much faster so the food doesnt get the chance to become proper stools, maybe I am not really explaining this correctly but its sort of like that.
    IBS is very common and can generate a lot of worry on its own, gentle massage of the lower tummy in a clockwise direction is good and warm towels, cook them in the microwave but dont set fire to them like I did my wheat bag.

Thread Information