Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: here goes again

here goes again

Hi all,

Just about to embark on the escital journey. Med no 6 here we go.
    Toying with taking nothing as i can bear the depressipn but frightrned to try the pain of insane snxiety of yet another new med.

Best wishes paul x

Re: here goes again

Good luck Paul - you must be due some luck

I'm on drug number 9 and 10 - Pregabalin and Mirtazapine, I've taken 5 different drugs in the past 12 months for anxiety and depression excluding the Diazepam, Zopiclone and Propanolol I take as needed, it's sometimes hard to find the right combination for us sensitive souls.

Escitalopram is supposed to have less side effects than standard SSRI's so if you start low it should be easier. I had the liquid form to start with, I can't remember what dose I started at but it was very low and I used to split it and take it throughout the day to even out the dose.

Take care
    Sam

Good luck Paul x x

Hi Paul,

So is it anxiety that is the worse for you?
    What was the problem with the clomi? Thought you were doing ok on it.

are you med free now, if so why don't you give it a week see how you go without anything.
    If no difference than on meds stay off them and try holistic type.

well i picked up my 5mg prescription today, but going to give it a few days off the meds first to see how it goes.

Hi Paul, the best of luck. I found Escitalopram much much easier to start up than any other SSRI but I will warn you, I did get some side effects, just less horrific than say Citalopram and Prozac etc. I did have good days right from the first few days though and not so good days but 6 months later I am just about perfect!!! I had tried 4 other ad's prior and was in a total straight but this one has totally sorted me out(:
    I am here for you too if you need some one to chat to as you adjust to the Escit but for me it has been a fantastic medication.
    Hugs Karen xxxxxxxxxx

---------- Post added at 04:31 ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 ----------

s. I cut my 5mg pill in half for 10 or so days and went up very slowly to 10mg's which seems to work for me (:

Great to hear from you Karen.

Thats me Day 4 of no meds - been a bit nausea and slightly dizzy at times. Since ive been on the lower doses and now zero my aggitation levels are thro the roof. Sound terriblebut im kind usingblowing up as a release mechanism - not good for wife and kids tho. I'm still in two minds at mo to take the esc.as i am more me - aggitated, miserable, charqacter assasinating the whole whole planet. However looking back at my journal i had glimmers of laughing and joking on it( and even able to read books again) but i was rocketed to max dose in 6 weeks and really felt i was losing the plot. My Shrink is aware of this and has advise to take small and slow increments of dosage. I currently have the 5mg cipralex and was wondering if it could be halved? As there is no score on them and they appear to have aspecial coating was wondering if chopping would effect release mechanism?

many thanks Paul

They are very difficult to cut Paul, they're very hard and split into loads of pieces - I tried
    After using up all my liquid Escitalopram I crushed the tablets, either between two spoons or in a pestle and mortar, they crush well and then I added juice to it and syringed it up and halved the dose that way. I could then take say 3mg in the morning and 3mg in the evening, this did seem to reduce some side effects.
    Good luck
    Sam

Thanks Sam

hi paul i thought you were doing well good luck with the new meds it is so hard finding the right one

you are very brave and have kicked so many habits in the past i know you will get through this and we are all here if you need support xxx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information