Thread: 1st day on meds first day at the forum!

1st day on meds first day at the forum!

Hi all, so this morning was my first day taking fluoxetine! I was so worked up about taking it its now been 45 mins and thought id join this site to take my mind off just sitting around and waiting and thought it would be nice to meet people in the same situations as sometimes you can feel very isolated and alone! how have people found fluoxetine? and did it help with your agoraphobia and panic attacks?

Re: 1st day on meds first day at the forum!

Hi Browneyes

You will find lots of support and help on this site

x

Hi Browneyes. I had recent panic attacks, and I guess you could say I had some agoraphobia before in my life, but mostly anxiety I guess, and depression for me.

Yes Fluoxetine definitely seemed to help. I have seen people get through and not have any side effects, so, my suggestion, is hope for the best, try to be positive and if things are not working out come back on here to talk about it. We can't all be so lucky, but maybe you can!

20 weeks on fluox for me, its really helped me get back on my feet and deal with my panic/anxiety/depression, there are lots of positive reviews on here n despite the crappy side effects some people experience myself included its definitely seems worth it x x

Hi Browneyes, I am day 2 on Fluoxetine and personally I am having some pretty crap side effects :( I feel like a zombie and as I have panic disorder and generally Fluoxetine can make you anxious in the first few weeks I feel like I'm taking more Diazepam to counter the anxiety than usual! However I actually feel a different sensation... I don't know if it's just numbness or nothingness but I feel different-ish. I hope this helps if you start to feel any symptoms, because I'm day 2 and feel like a zombie x

Hi Browneyes and
    I couldn`t handle the side effects and came off them , but there are many people who persevered and are benefiting from them. Good luck.

Thread Information