Thread: Update on 30 mg citalopram - 10 weeks in

Question Update on 30 mg citalopram - 10 weeks in

Hello all,

So another update on my citalopram journey, I started on 20mg, did this for 7 weeks, not really any improvement, still poor appetite / panic attacks.

Then upped to 30 mg, have been on that for 3 weeks. I will stay on that for another week, then as per my GP's advice, will up to 40mg.

So at the moment, on 30 mg, still not really much difference, it has taken some of the edge off, but my appetite is still poor, and I still have occasional panic attacks. Not really that much improvement over my non-antidepressant taking self.

Anyway, will stay on 30mg for another week, then will self up to 40 mg.

Nothing much else to say except good luck to everyone who is also on the same journey.

Re: Update on 30 mg citalopram - 10 weeks in

I hope things improve. Let me make one suggestion: stay for at least two weeks at each new dose level. For me, at 10mg, the turning point (when I started to round the corner and feel better) came after two weeks. The second week was actually a pretty rough time- definitely worse than the first. Then things got noticeably better.

On 20mg, I again went through giddiness, wired/tired, deep anxiety, and now I think I feel improvement about one week past going to the new dose. I can report that the positive feelings came on rather suddenly. There was a definite feeling of weight lifted and less anxiety, and for me it was very noticeable, even down to the time of day when it happened. I am now waiting anxiously to see if things have really settled! I think so... I hope so. For one thing, I woke up thinking about something other than anxiety, which was very nice.

Hang in there, I think you're making good progress!

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information