Thread: Got to miss a tablet

Got to miss a tablet

I have run out of citalopram i have one left, my doctors were meant to fax some through to my local supermarket but haven't so i have no choice but to miss todays and take my last one tomorrow i will have to go to the doctors on Tuesday, is it ok for me to miss one? Worrying already x

Re: Got to miss a tablet

Yes don't worry!
    It happened to me "many" times to not take one... or because I didn't have the prescription or once I was stuck in another city for the snow!
    Obviously it should not be a routine to miss one dosis, but if it happens, don't worry!
    The lifetime or how is called of citalopram is longer so it takes a while to go off our body!

I was sooooo scared the first time that it happened, always just myself building more anxiety, but no real problems

Aw thank you for your reply made me feel a lot better! Hope you are well :-) x x

Fortunately I've never had to miss a dose, but I can understand why you'd be concerned, I know I would be. You don't have to miss a dose - if you go to your usual pharmacist and explain the situation, they should give you emergency tablets to tide you over until your new prescription arrives. They should have it on their records.

Most pharmacies around here will give you a few tablets for free. This happened to me while on venlafaxine, and the med contains a discontinuation warning, so all I had to do was show them that and voila, a few emergency tablets.

But yeah, ~36 hour half life, you should be fine...

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you do go to the pharmacy, take the empty packaging from the lot you've just finished. The boxes I have have my name, gp's name and issue date on a label on them, I believe this is standard practice. Should help pursuade the pharmacy to help tide you over.

Yeah I forgot,
    once it happened to me... they gave me something like few tablets.. especially if you know the pharmacist.
    But really, don't worry, you will be perfectly fine!

Thread Information