Thread: So frustrated!

So frustrated!

Hi!

I'm a recovering agoraphobic... And I can go anywhere and do anything now without much trouble. My panic attacks have all but disappeared and I'm in a much better state than I have been for years.

However, I seem to still be plagued by the thoughts that fuelled all my anxiety. Its frustrating me to the point that I can't stop crying... And these thoughts are with me almost constantly! The thing is... I know all these thoughts are completely ridiculous and not actually anything to worry about, yet I still can't seem to get rid of them.

Any advice from anyone? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Jack x

Re: So frustrated!

Have you tried CBT Jack? Challenging these thoughts and making up new thoughts to replace them. That's the thing with anxiety and panic - our thoughts are often ridiculous but that doesn't make them disappear, all we can do is learn to ignore them and replace them with more realistic thoughts. Too much time thinking it a problem for me, the busier I am the easier it is to ignore the irrational thoughts, they do go away eventually. It sounds like you're doing well, don't let these thoughts get you down
    Sam

Re: So frustrated!

Thanks for your reply Sam! Yes I've had CBT which was very helpful, but my therapist only really treated my agoraphobia/ panic disorder... rather than the thoughts that were causing these issues!

I definitely agree that I need to keep busy. I have very little to do at the moment, so it's little wonder that all I have to fill my head is these irrational thoughts.

Thread Information