Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: just going back on cit after 1 year, day 5 worries

Re: just going back on cit after 1 year, day 5 worries

arf - i never had a problem eating after anxiety or causing myself loss of appetite so i think its deff the cit causing it, the food even smells stronger to me, ive only gotta put it near my mouth and my tummy turns, reminds me of morning sickness

but i have been able to manage a handfull of chips this evening yehhh lol, one thing i will say arf is watch the bananas, its all i could eat day 2 and 3 and now im constipated lol tmi i know but its important to know, senakot for me tonight lol

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

does anyone know if taking cit with food relieves the nausea, well thats if i can manage breakfast lol, or does it make no difference

Yeah same for me, if I just see food.. the idea.. or small makes me feel sick!!
    But I've realized that I can eat fruit. Not bad no?
    I need to go to the supermarket to buy food now, because I am living alone and it's veeery veeeery difficult to keep a good schedule.
    Impossible to cook if you don't have appetite, not because I don't want.. but because... bbbhhhh...
    I will buy sandwiches, a lot of fruit, something ready.. don't know what :S
    Uff, it's ok I had few kg more after I quit smoking :P
    But not sleeping and not eating as usual makes difficult to function properly as person :P

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear you're struggling. I'm also on my second time on cit. I'm 20 days in, and the first couple of weeks in particular were very difficult. I felt worse than I did before I started. Thankfully in the last 3 days or so things have started to improve a little, and I feel slightly better now than I did before I started cit. I know I still have quite a way to go, as I still have a lot of underlying anxiety and get quite a lot of intrusive thoughts (which was my main reason for going on the meds).

Did you find that it seemed to work a lot faster the first time around? The first time, I started to improve after just 5 days, but this time it took over 2 weeks before I even saw any improvement, and even now, progress seems slow.

You can also see my citalopram diary at http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134893

hey sparkle

yes first time round it seemed to work pretty much straight away with no real side effects, no nausea, ate fine, slept fine, only side effect i did have was bruxism which never went away. after being on it a year before i felt ready to come of as i wanted some of my natural emotions back, and was doing fine for a year untill continued health problems this year have set me back. i just hope i get passed this heavy head and nausea quickly and my appitite improves soon, and i want to at least get to the point were i can interact with people, never had this problem last time on sit, but trying to talk to people just gets me anxious, never suffered that before, deff new

Quote Originally Posted by lisa2512 View Post
    does anyone know if taking cit with food relieves the nausea, well thats if i can manage breakfast lol, or does it make no difference
    There are some foods known to help with stomach upset and nausea. Look at the 'BRAT' diet in particular... bananas, rice, applesauce, toast.

Besides that, there are some foods that help us sleep. Curry does help many people, believe it or not. Others mention chamomille tea.

My regimen is to have some tea and a protein bar, and then take my meds. I don't have nausea when I do that.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

uh bananas maybe, but rice I had no idea!
    I thought was something for when you are sick!
    Argh, I don't know what to eat then
    Should look for this bars or things maybe

So my logic with the protein bars is that it is a small item that I can just scarf down quickly and be done. I don't have to look at a big plate of food, and it doesn't take any prep time. And the protein is good.

Yes, the BRAT diet is usually for stomach illness, but it is a bland enough diet that it should work well for stomach upset in general.

I stuck to clear soups for several days when I was experiencing the worst of it.

Good news is my abs look the best they've looked in years

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

lol true, ive lost quite a bit of weight, but after 3 kids my abbs will never look good lol, on another note, ive been fighting the fatigue during the day and not having a nap like i did the 1st 2 days and like i said last night i slept through, will see if it works again tonight, not feeling to bad at the minute, a little nausea, and heavy head, but im prepared for it to all start again tomorrow lol

I saw in your introduction post that you're from Norfolk. I'm from Norfolk too - Norwich to be precise!
    It's strange isn't it how cit takes longer to work the second time round - I hope we'll both be feeling better soon.

Wow three kids to look after, well you don't feel alone
    I am so glad I have my dog with me :P

I am doing the same, trying to not have a nap and let's see if I can sleep.
    The last three nights... argh.
    And yes, also I feel much better in the evening and worse in the morning

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information