Thread: Ticklish heart feeling (not skipped beats)

Ticklish heart feeling (not skipped beats)

Anyone else get this weird feeling like their heart is beating strange, like up in their throats or with a tickling sensation? It almost feels like the 'soft' beat before a skipped beat, except with every beat and with a regular pulse (touch wood). Sometimes my pulse is fast with it, and sometimes it's normal, and it often makes it feel like there's a catch in my chest and I need to cough. It comes on in particular with activity. Could it be atrial flutter or something? Or just another weird anxiety sensation? Terrified it might be ventricular tachycardia or something, though nothing like that has shown up in the EKGs or holter I've had, but you're never sure if they catch things if you're not having them at the time.

It's very unsettling, particularly if my heart is going fast or pounding at the time

Re: Ticklish heart feeling (not skipped beats)

Hi again Freaked.

I commented on your previous thread. Sorry to see you are still struggling. I don't get a ticklish feeling so much, mine is more racing heart when my physical symptoms cause panic. My HA is all heart based as my left armpit, arm, neck and chest hurt everyday.

Have you had tests? I have and for a while I was reassured. But the mind is powerful and new symptoms have brought my anxiety back.

If you have been tested, try and focus on the positives. Otherwise, please see your GP.

Charlie

Hello, I have something like that too.
    Sometimes when I'm excited or stressed, or even when I'm just sitting there, I feel this flutter thing in the centre of my chest, it always catches me off guard, and it tends to make me skip a breath due to the weird factor.
    I think it may be stress though because when I went on vacation last year I didn't happen at all for the entire time I was there!
    Yours may be related to that too

Thanks for the replies Yeah I've been checked out many times, though no recent stress test which bothers me since my main complaint is awful exercise intolerance. Waiting for a CT angiography on friday, which I really should have had done as a kid. Just trying to keep going until then, and my xanax is going to run out tonight :( It's so hard feeling this bad all the time, and medical and psych people are basically leaving me to it.

Thanks jennclark; hopefully it is just one of the many strange stress sensations.

Sorry to hear you're still feeling bad CharlieM; I'm right there with you with the pains. Found any painkillers or stretches that work? Or have you looked into thoracic outlet syndrome?

Freaked,

I am pretty sure that I do indeed have thoracic outlet syndrome. All my symptoms match perfectly. The only other possibility is a disc problem in my neck (number 7) I think. Whatever it is, I know I am not imagining the pain. It is ever present and causes me to panic when it refers into my arm.

My other symptoms are then obviously anxiety related, like the sweats, butterflies and head rushes. When all come together it is very scary.

I am trying some stretches for the pectoralis major. Only saw them yesterday so need to see how they go.

Good luck on Friday mate. Hopefully you will get the all clear and will feel reassured. Let us know how it goes.

Charlie

Yes I get this!

I get this sometimes too. I also get muscle twitches in my eye, legs, stomach, arms you name it so am hoping it may be related to muscle twitching rather than my actual heart?
    I also have the odd ridge in my nails which totally freak me out but dr. said they're nothing to worry about and he also has a few. I'm still scared though.

Thread Information