Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Fluoxetine to work

Re: Need Fluoxetine to work

Day 16

Kind of a ho-hum day. Not as good as yesterday, but I still believe I am getting better. If I can have another good day tomorrow then will try to visit with family I haven't seen in a while on Saturday.

Day 17

Another so-so day, which is good because they haven't been "bad" days. I'm grateful for the break from the overwhelming anxiety, but I feel myself slipping the past two days so I hope tomorrow isn't bad. We're hoping to take the kids to the country-side to spend time with their great grandparents. I miss them so hope I can make the hour and a half long drive.

Day 18

Very disappointed in myself today. We went to the country and things went well once we got there, but the ride there and back home was very bad. I was helpless against the panic attacks. It was so intense and I couldn't focus at all. Not back to square one, but definately the worst day since Tuesday. So nauseous I couldn't eat and so tense the back of my head and neck still ache. Hope tomorrow is better.

Day 19

Another tough day. Each day has been getting gradually worse. Nothing I can do but take it day by day.

BMP,
    Keep hanging in there! You are right that you just need to take it day by day. I had a bit of a backslide after a few weeks and I felt like I was getting worse but I have come out the other side now and things are much better.
    Keep strong
    J x

Day 20

A mellow day so far, no attacks so that is good. Just kind of jittery and irritable.

Thanks for the post J. It really helps to get words of encouragement from someone who has been through this. I hope to have another good day soon.

Red face Re: Need Fluoxetine to work

Fluoxetine really does work. I had to take it again a year after my little girl was born - I was having horrid panic attacks in the night and was filled with paranoia about my health during the day. It took about 6 weeks before it started working but then I just started feeling back to my old "normal" self again. It took it for 2 years and then gradually weened myself off it last June 2012. I'm in a period of having taken on way too much at the moment and wondering if I should go back on it again. Had a massive panic attack Saturday during the night and have loud tinnitus in my left ear which is making me very anxious. Taking diazepan at night to relax and try to get a good night's sleep. Spoke to Dr on Monday and going to see her next Tuesday to review. Trying hard to train my brain that things are positive not negative but it's hard. Fluoxetine I know would sort this out. I'm sure it will for you - remember it took 6 weeks to start to work for me last time. And during those 6 weeks I still felt weird and panicky. I walk around the house and try to breath into a brown paper bag during panic attacks and keep telling myself that I have had these feelings before and I have survived them. I hope you can keep going with the Fluoxetine - you can do it!

Hello i take fluoxtine and find it very effective, you are on a low dose you may find you need stronger dose just wait and see it will do its thing blessings

Thank you Namderg, I try to train my brain for positive thoughts too, it's tough right now though.

Aggiecuttler, I've been worried that the low dose isn't as effective. I'm gonna try to get her to up my dose to 20mg when I see her again. I thought I was getting better but the last 4 days have been very tough to deal with.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Day 21

Feel like I'm now back to square one. Just a few short days ago I was hopeful and optimistic that I was getting better. Now I am feeling like I'm having a nervous breakdown and rotting in a pit of self-loathing. Starting to wonder if it is physical, which I truly do not believe it is. I'm going to try to get my dose increased to 20mg. I don't know if that will help, but 20mg seems to be the "standard" dose and I'm afraid 10mg isn't enough to be most effective for me.

Day 22

Therapist visit number two today. Mainly things I already knew, she's refering me to a psychologist but may take a while. I like the therapist, but unless it becomes more helpful and informative I'm not sure how long I'll continue.

The practitioner who prescribed the fluoxetine wasn't in today so I haven't gotten an answer about increasing to 20mg. I am trying to cut back on Diet Coke to reduce the caffeine I consume. Trying to eat less sugar as well. The last couple of months I've eaten whatever is handy, desperately need a better diet.

Today has been better than the last 4 were, but still no walk in the park. Here's hoping for another "normal" day soon.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information