Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for morning Anxiety??

Re: Tips for morning Anxiety??

Honeylove,

I eat my evening meal about 3-4 hours before going to bed. Breakfast is a bit of an issue for me. I tend to just have a yogurt or a banana. And some days I forget. I usually have what I do eat within the hour of waking up.

As for wine/alcohol, I try and limit myself to a couple of glasses three times a week. If my anxiety is bad, I do drink a bit more, but I also drink loads of water all day and before I have the wine.

Thanks guys! I do tend to wake up before the alarm at about 6.30 so i think i may just get up instead of trying to snooze untill 7. Gotta have a good heathly breakfast or i dont last very long

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    Honeylove,

I eat my evening meal about 3-4 hours before going to bed. Breakfast is a bit of an issue for me. I tend to just have a yogurt or a banana. And some days I forget. I usually have what I do eat within the hour of waking up.

As for wine/alcohol, I try and limit myself to a couple of glasses three times a week. If my anxiety is bad, I do drink a bit more, but I also drink loads of water all day and before I have the wine.
    Charlie I think that you may find if you focus on having a proper breakfast that it will really help the anxiety that comes on in the morning time.

Skipping breakfast or just having a little bit to eat can definitely be a contributing factor, and I notice this myself the mornings I leave it a few hours to have breakfast. It's a bad idea for anyone, and especially if you suffer with anxiety.

The issue is with your blood sugars. If they are low they can cause all kinds of weird symptoms, including anxiety and panic attacks. Some of us are more sensitive to these lows and will feel it more than others, and I believe a lot of us here with anxiety are those sensitive types! Naturally they are low in the morning time and it's really important to have something good to eat as soon as we can after we wake - especially if we have anxiety issues.

If you have alcohol before you sleep this can cause a normal blood sugar high, but then a low comes after it - and if you don't eat then this compounds the problem. I'm not saying don't drink, but maybe avoid it before bedtime and make sure that you eat something decent when you wake up.

Try two weeks eating a good breakfast within the hour that you wake up, and see if it helps you. Try to include a mid morning snack if you can. Have something substantial to eat like a bowl of cereal and some toast - yogurt or fruit alone is not enough to give your brain and body fuel.

Don't underestimate how powerful the effect of our blood sugars can be! If I forget to eat and let them drop I can experience a range of things like anxiety, paranoia, depression and confusion so it's just good sense to take care of my body

I agree! i eat a bowl of porridge with a banana every morning if i can. But i find if i dont eat lunch before 1ish I start to feel sick and dizzy and that can lead to a panic attack. So i try to have a healhy mid morning snack or have lunch around 12!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information