Thread: Just joined N.M.P

Just joined N.M.P

Hello,
    I found N.M.P today and after looking through the site I really wanted to join and hopefully give and recieve tips, help and information. The subsections on Panic attacks, Anxiety, OCD, Depression and Self esteem are just me!
    About 10/11years ago I suffered from depression and O.C.D cleaning after seperating from my ex partner. I had rapid weight loss, not eating or sleeping and was in a very dark place. I never thought about taking my life because I had at the time a 5year old son who needed me. I slowly over the corse of 14/15months got to a better happier place with the help from good friends and family.
    I had periods of time over the years since then when I have been down but not even close to those dark months.
    But over the last 15months it has been one thing after another and I just can't pick myself up. I was paid off, I hurt my back and it took months to heal, I couldn't get another job, I started getting tests for Arthritis which are still ongoing as they aren't sure what is wrong with me, my father was taken into hospital and I was living out a suitcase for weeks because I had to go 450miles away to where he lived, I was sitting at traffic lights and a woman ran into me, wrote off my car so I have no car and I ended up in hospital myself, my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer, he came to live with me, he was in and out of hospital 5 times in 5months, I was diagnosed with Asthma, my dad had to go to the hospice and I sat with him never moving from his bedside for the 4 days till he died, the funeral arrangements and all costs were left to me, I started having very bad panic attacks, my boyfriend walked out on me 5weeks after my dad died, my Aunt died suddenly 7weeks after my dad, my aunts funeral was 8weeks to the day, time and place as my dads funeral.
    I just didn't get any help or understanding and because I wasn't working and wasn't fit to work had to get sicklines. I got my 4th sickline today and the doctor said that time wasn't helping me because I am no better than I was 9weeks ago when I got my first sickline. She prescribed 1 Citalopram 20mg once a day and I have to go back and see her in 4weeks. I am at the stage I am willing to try anything because I'm not sleeping or eating again and find it very hard getting out of bed never mind go out my house other than when I absoulutely have to as have no other choice. My OCD has also returned but this time it is that my doors and windows are shut and locked.
    If anyone can sugguest anything that has worked for them or if their is any tips about the medication I would be grateful.
    Thank you for reading all that.

Re: Just joined N.M.P

Goldielocks
    I am so sorry for your losses and sorry to hear how you are suffering.
    I really hope you find this site helpful. Everyone is friendly and supportive.
    Take care,
    J x

Hello Jelly2010,
    Thank you. I have found it really interesting and everyone seems as if they want to help and haven't seen any comments with even a hint of negativity.
    You take care aswell and thank you for reading all that. Just getting it all typed out I found helpful.
    Goldielocks

Hello Goldielocks, sounds like you've had it pretty bad:( I've just newly joined here as I having been feeling so low and had one of my worst attacks on Monday but I've found everyone very nice and helpful. As they say - a problem shared and all!! I hope you are ok. You take care

Hello Jan11,
    That's not good you had a really bad attack on Monday. They are a terrible thing to experience.
    It is true the say that and if it's to people that havean understanding of how you are feeling it's even better.
    Hope you are alright and you take care too.
    Goldielocks

Thread Information