Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Diazepam withdrawal Diary

Re: My Diazepam withdrawal Diary

Thanks Dally. I think I will have to do that yeah. I need my belongings after all!

Thanks

Well that was a really painful few days. Things are SLOWLY dying down a bit. That last dosage cut on Wednesday was the worst yet. I won't be doing another one until probably after the weekend. The lower the dosage, the harder the cut.

The guidelines say to cut 10% of the dose. 10% of 100mg is 10mg! 10mg of 2mg is 0.2mg. I can't really cut a tablet into 0.2mg so I'm having to make a 35% cut next time. Then from 1.5mg to 1mg will be a 44% drop!! Then 1mg to 0.5mg is a 50% drop!!

Then..... 0.5mg to nothing is a 100% DROP!!! Oh god they are only going to get worse and worse!!

My plan is to get on liquid diazepam so I can drop my dose little by little. Same time period but just taper it all out smoother.

Apparently from what I've read, the withdrawal symptoms come in waves. After the initial few days things get a bit easier. Then 2 weeks later another wave hits.

I really really really sympathise with people who have been on the medication for longer and at a much higher dose!!

Still bed bound, depersonalised, sleeping problems aplenty. I won't miss the vivid dreams!! Every night, a new adventure followed by an abrupt and frightening, uncomfortable wake up drenched in sweat.

Would still love to hear other peoples experiences. I signed up to the benzobuddies forum but that place is crazy. The forum is far too busy and everyone tells me worst case scenarios. I read peoples stories about how even years after taking their last dose, they are still suffering symptoms. It just puts me off going on that site. There are some very long term users on that site of doses up to 120mg diazepam a day was the most I saw someone using!!! That would take years and years of hell to come off. I don't think I'd bother at that point! Not sure what sort of GP's are giving patients that much!

Hi Steve, I've been on diazepam nearly 2 years after a bad breakdown, maximum dosage i was on was 10mg a day, since September i have gradually reduced this at a rate i feel comfortable with and with literally no side effects to 4mg a day, the trick is nice and slowly with diazepam withdrawal and somedays i even manage on only 2mg no problem, good luck x x

Really?? How slowly have you been reducing? I'm in absolute hell! How do you do it? xxx

Steven,

I was on 6mg 2mg x 3 a day for a good few weeks. I then would maybe have 2x2mg a day sometimes just one till sometimes I would have none.

I have never had weird dreams on them, I might of had bad sleep? But then when I'm anxious/thinking alot I have trouble.

Do you really think it's the diazepam causing this symptoms? And not maybe your cipralex? Just a thought. X

5 months solid use of diazepam. 100% certain. It happens EVERYtime I make a dosage cut and I didn't work this out for weeks and weeks! I keep a mood diary at home and it correlated exactly everytime I cut my dose. This was before I even considered that I might have become addicted.

It's the length of time, not the amount. It's the fact I took for 5 months on a daily basis.
    It's very real symptoms. The cipralex isn't going to cause my symptoms to fluctuate like the diazepam cuts are doing.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Really?? How slowly have you been reducing? I'm in absolute hell! How do you do it? xxx
    Hi, I've just done it really slowly, its took me since September to get from 10mg to 4mg daily, i did 1mg cuts and waited until i was settled on that dose of diazepam before i decreased again, like you i was bedbound with anxiety and had to move back into my parents with my son even tho Im married as i was so poorly, i also couldn't reinstate cit after many successful years on it prior, it made me worse this time really worse it was a nightmare so i know exactly what your going through and it truly is awful, feel Free to pm now me anytime and you will get better i promise x x x

Been a week since my last dose cut. I felt better yesterday than I did today for some reason. Today wasn't good for me.

My dad has started to have counselling because he's having trouble dealing with me like this. It's really stressing him out. So he left at midday for that and then off to his Caravan for a few days for some rest.

I have just felt unexplainably anxious and fearful, very very tired, a sort of sluggish confused feeling and since 7pm, I've had a splitting headache that is just starting to ease. Also been very badly depressed today. I just lay on my bed for almost 2 hours, just staring blankly at the wall. I'm not enjoying life today.

I won't be making my next cut for a while now. I'm going to have to take this ALOT slower than I wanted. I just wanted to be off it but I don't think I can handle it.

I am like Nicola Steve, been on 12mg daily for 18 months but have reduced really slowly like once a month...1mg and am now down to 7mg a day...I think maybe you are trying to go too fast, perhaps that is why you have had such a bad time?

I'd definitely say take it really slow, especially now. You are nearly there, your health is more important atm, I know you have had a tough time. Take it easy x

Yeah I have been advised to go drop AT the MOST every 2 weeks but every 4-6 weeks would be better so I've been told. I've been doing every 9 days....

That might explain it. Going to have to slow down a bit here!

Thanks Kittikat xxx

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information