Thread: Breast worries again

Breast worries again

So, felt relieved yesterday after clear breast scan then woke up to worry again this morning. Have had a couple of small pimples at the top of my left breast (one that was scanned) and there was a small brownish mark/bruise near them this morning. Of course I immediately thought of inflammatory breast cancer - wouldn't show up in a scan - and I've been poking it all day snd making it hurt. Am still a mess. Have googled and am now frightened.

Re: Breast worries again

hello so pleased your scan was clear, i have had a breast scan and they are quite forceful so prehaps it is a bruise from the scanner, yes poking it will make it hurt, best not to do that, i used to examine my breasts like i was digging a hole to china seriousily my husband does it now as i can not be trusted with the job, try not to be frightened see if it comes out as a bruise, and dont panic take care blessings

Am trying not to but am finding it difficult. I had an ultrasound so it wouldn't have been that I don't think. Could have been the physical examination? Or me doing it? I know I need to keep off google.

I really know how you feel, I'm fixated on breast problems. I've had discomfort in one breast all day, then poured myself and gin and tonic and it got magically better

I'm always stressing about marks on my breasts, very easy to find 'new' ones you think haven't been there before, but they probably have. If you've had a scan then you're fine.

great news re ur breast scan
    im going through an awful time lately regarding my left breast :( convinced something going on in there , seen 3 docs and had 2 breast examinations and doc is happy to refer me if im still getting the pains in 4 weeks, (already had them for 4 weeks)
    this all started as a burning sensation in my breast and upper back 4weeks ago and has spiralled from there, its not so much a pain but a weird sensation.
    the more i think of it the more it hurts, altho it doesnt hurt to touch.
    it has also had a burning up sensation inside of it for past few days, no redness,lumps etc but i am noticing everything such as red veins etc :( i am also convinced its slightly larger than the right and was convinced that there was a lump inside last night....

Hi Apple

Just had a quick look for you regarding IBC and it says the way they would diagnose it would be, mammorgram, ultrasound or Biopsy so basically the same way they would any other cancer.

Bruises on breasts are scary I've had them before and never remember how I got them, but you were at the breast clinic yesterday and you are fine, an ultrasound would have picked up that something was wrong even if it couldn't tell what it certainly wouldn't be normal.

There are lots of other symptoms with IBC none of which you have mentioned, so I really don't think you should worry about this.

Think of all the checks you have had and I know with HA we find it hard to trust doctors but if you are truly honest do you think all these doctors are wrong?, or more likely they are all right and you have nothing to worry about.

Other than reassurance are you getting any help for your anxiety like CBT?

Take care

Thanks guys, am a bit calmer. Just wish I'd never found google during my original breast crisis last year! Am trying not to poker examine (which is hard!).

Have been having private counselling sessions.

Thread Information