Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd day on fluoxetine

Re: 3rd day on fluoxetine

Hi all,

Am on day 22 of Prozac, first few days were okay and then had a few couple of awful days. Felt a bit blur, vivid dreams, shaky and that awful feeling of doom which is so hard to shake off. Went out the other night and had a few drinks and the next day was so horrid so therefore need to not drink. This is the second time i have tried it, i gave up before after just two weeks but i think will persevere as i want to feel better. Have been taking mine around noon but will perhaps start to take in the morning. Feel spaced out today, if the feelings get worse i also take a nibble ( literally) of xanax which helps. Main feelings are the ones of feeling useless, guilty and i ruminate a lot over things, the good old " What if's" , night time is my best time as i feel relaxed but day time scares me as i have to " face the world" and it gets hard doing simple things . I also have OCD and the prozac seemed to help for a while but then yesterday had a bad ocd day. Am persevering as well. Just good to know there are others out there.

Re: 3rd day on fluoxetine

Quote Originally Posted by blingkasa View Post
    Hi all,

Am on day 22 of Prozac, first few days were okay and then had a few couple of awful days. Felt a bit blur, vivid dreams, shaky and that awful feeling of doom which is so hard to shake off. Went out the other night and had a few drinks and the next day was so horrid so therefore need to not drink. This is the second time i have tried it, i gave up before after just two weeks but i think will persevere as i want to feel better. Have been taking mine around noon but will perhaps start to take in the morning. Feel spaced out today, if the feelings get worse i also take a nibble ( literally) of xanax which helps. Main feelings are the ones of feeling useless, guilty and i ruminate a lot over things, the good old " What if's" , night time is my best time as i feel relaxed but day time scares me as i have to " face the world" and it gets hard doing simple things . I also have OCD and the prozac seemed to help for a while but then yesterday had a bad ocd day. Am persevering as well. Just good to know there are others out there.
    I feel just like you! The evenings are better for me too - calmer world I suppose?! I also drank on Fluoxetine in my second week and will never do that again - I felt totally spaced out from one cocktail! It was frightening!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information