Thread: colon cancer?... I'm very scared!

colon cancer?... I'm very scared!

Ive recently posted about abdominal pain that started 6 weeks ago. It came out of nowhere. Came and went. Pain was never longer than a couple of seconds. It lingered a couple of weeks and then went away. A.couple of weeks later it happened again. I've had bloating and constipation before so i didn't think it was something sinister.
    Long story short saw a dr 2 days ago, they did an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound. Tests came back normal. Now I'm seeing a GI doctor in 4 days and I'm completely scared of colon cancer. TMI ALERT i noticed i have pink toilet paper after i wipe on a bowel movement. I am on my period thought it might be that but i don't think it is.I'm so scared.

Re: colon cancer?... I'm very scared!

I think it's highly unlikely you have colon cancer given your test results. I also think its highly likely the blood is due to your period. Did you have the bleeding when you did not have your period?

I completely agree with Mipsy. Your test results were good and the blood is almost certainly from your period.

I know you are scared but you've had a scan and nothing sinister came up. A little bit of pain in your digestive system is, I would say, a completely normal occurrence for most of us from time to time. It could be gas. Hopefully the GI doc will put your mind at rest.

I know this sounds horrible but when you have a period it does mix in with bowel stuff

Saw the GI doctor whom made me nervous and caused me to doubt what I've been feeling. He didn't think he's order a colonoscopy yet. But is sending me for a CT next week and won't see me for another month after that. That's a long wait.
    He asked me if I had a change in bowel habits and I just couldn't answer because I don't think I have. But I really don't know what that means. Would I notice the change?
    I've lost 8 pounds now since I started with this whole health anxiety attack. Im so scared.

Thread Information