Thread: Bad relapse

Unhappy Bad relapse

What a bad day this is i have been suffering from panic disorder for the last 3 years. and i like to think that i have got it under control but not today! since 10 this morning i have felt sick, knot in stomach, sweating, raised pulse, ibs, hands shaky, pain in the upper back and a feeling that i am going to have a heart attack. i know it is in the mind but my anxiety has got me so down today that i have had a couple of small scotches to try and calm myself down as i can feel myself totally losing it my mind wont let me relax. i so hate this.

Re: Bad relapse

I am so sorry to hear about your difficult day. What I hate is how days like this can so come out of nowhere. Some days you feel able to deal with the rising panic, and on others, not at all. I feel cheated when I have bad days, and feel disappointed, frustrated and angry. You are not alone: try to eat well and breathe deeply, if you can. I know it's not easy. Take care xxx

Agree with chinadoll. It's the fact you can feel better one day and then awful the next. I am having a run of bad days at the moment with your exact symptoms James. The fear of a heart attack is so worrying, but this has gone on for over 8 months. When I think rationally, I surely would have had one by now. Also all the tests I had done a few months ago came back normal.

I am in constant pain in my left armpit, arm and chest. Muscular I am told by my GP. My anxiety levels fluctuate depending on the level of pain. The pain is real and without the physical symptoms I wouldn't be anxious. But it is anxiety that causes my muscular pain.

Chicken and egg, so round and round I go!!!!!!!

Use this, this is intensely useful for your recovery. Completely ignore the feelings, accept them and get on with your day. Don't convince yourself there's anything wrong, unless there is - ni which case work out the problem and sort it out first.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    Agree with chinadoll. It's the fact you can feel better one day and then awful the next. I am having a run of bad days at the moment with your exact symptoms James. The fear of a heart attack is so worrying, but this has gone on for over 8 months. When I think rationally, I surely would have had one by now. Also all the tests I had done a few months ago came back normal.

I am in constant pain in my left armpit, arm and chest. Muscular I am told by my GP. My anxiety levels fluctuate depending on the level of pain. The pain is real and without the physical symptoms I wouldn't be anxious. But it is anxiety that causes my muscular pain.

Chicken and egg, so round and round I go!!!!!!!
    It is so awful i hate it! If it wasn't for People like you on here with the same problems i would have gone totally off the rails. Thanks for being there all of you

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chinadoll View Post
    I am so sorry to hear about your difficult day. What I hate is how days like this can so come out of nowhere. Some days you feel able to deal with the rising panic, and on others, not at all. I feel cheated when I have bad days, and feel disappointed, frustrated and angry. You are not alone: try to eat well and breathe deeply, if you can. I know it's not easy. Take care xxx
    Thanks, it is so true they just come from nowhere.

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PanchoGoz View Post
    Use this, this is intensely useful for your recovery. Completely ignore the feelings, accept them and get on with your day. Don't convince yourself there's anything wrong, unless there is - ni which case work out the problem and sort it out first.
    I will thanks

thats me too - 17 years now :( one hell of a long heart attack here and right now im real bad

Thread Information