Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed with diazapam please

Re: Help needed with diazapam please

It's not important to take them when first going on Citalopram. It just eases the pain slightly. And that should only be for an initial 2-4 weeks.

Diazepam is a dangerous drug. Try stopping for a month... I bet you get side effects.

Is Diazepam the same as Zopiclone ??

I took zopiclone for 6 nights only but 2 weeks after taking them I'm still suffering with rebound insomnia

Hi I have had 36 diazapam tablets over the last 9 wks for severe anxiety,does this seem excessive? The doc said I could take 3x5mg a day if needed but have only ever taken as much as a 5mg tablet in a day and I usually take a quarter at a time ,I am terrified of getting addicted to these tablets but the doctor and crisis team keep sayin I will be ok !!

Hi Rachelsk,
    I have been prescribed diazepam 5mgs for years for anxiety and panic attacks. 28 usually last about 8-12 weeks. Sometimes I half them too.
    Your doctor and team appear to be happy with that dosage and you are aware of the addictive side to them ( which is good )
    Try not to worry. You are sensible with them and they are helping you.

Thanks for replying uve helped a great deal they keep sayin I'm careful with them and I won't get addicted but when your suffering from anxiety you always think the worse,I also take 40mg fluoxetine daily ,15mg mirtazapine on a night and beta blockers not sure if I'm still getting side effects from my fluoxetine been upped to 40mg from 20 just over 2wks ago ,sometimes I think it's the diazapam that's makin me feel alienated ,sweating,etc and then I get more uptight

Your welcome Rachelsk. I don`t take any other meds for anxiety. I felt worse on anti-depressants and can`t take beta blockers because of asthma.

I wouldn`t say it is the diazepam that`s causing the feeling of being alienated , sweating etc. They would relax you. Could be your other meds side effects. I know I felt awful on fluoxetine. Have you been taking it long.

I read that diazapam can make u feel alienated if your withdrawing from it,it's just me thinkin too much lol ,I was on fluoxetine yrs ago then they changed me to mirtazapine in June 2012 but now I'm on both to try get thru this anxiety I'm fine with anti depressants and don't think I will ever be taken off them but I'm fine with that its diazapam I don't want to be on long term

I understand you not wanting to be on diazepam long term and if you take them the way you are doing , I can`t see you becoming addicted to them or having bad withdrawal symptoms.
    I certainly never had to increase the dosage to get the same effect and I`ve asked my gp if he thinks I`m addicted to them, but he said no.
    I think you`re right, you are reading and thinking about it too much.lol.

Thank u

I was on Zopiclone for a coupe of weeks. It helped my sleep cycle get back to normal.
    Now I can have a full night sleep and I don't need it any more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information