Thread: Sick note help please x

Angry Sick note help please x

Hi, originally I called in sick to work weds same day I went to the doctors I asked for a week sick note but the doctor who was a complete and utter cow! Wouldn't give me one she said doctors are very reluctant to give them for panic attacks because they find people don't return to work! (Of course I'm going to I have bills to pay grrrr!) I do believe its work that's brought my anxiety and panic attacks on. I wanted a week off to relax and go back. So the doctor said I can self certify for 7 days which I told work and they was fine today a manager called me to say I would need to get a sick note from the doctor because it runs out weds :-/ they are including days in the 7 days that I don't even work!? Is that correct?

Re: Sick note help please x

Hiya, when I use to work we could only self certify for 5 working days so that matches what your company says as well I'm afraid.

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kells81 View Post
    Hiya, when I use to work we could only self certify for 5 working days so that matches what your company says as well I'm afraid.
    It's 7 workings days. What I'm puzzled about is why in these 7 days they include your days off when you wouldn't be working them particular days for example the weekend. I don't work weekends so why should that be included in my 7 days. Relly puzzled!

I can understand where she's coming from, but that's not the attitude to take. If your know better by weds go see another gp in the practice with hopefully a better attitude with people with panic.

I just googled it-the 7 days includes weekends even if not worked so it is basically 5 working days.

Your doctor should sign you off work though if you need the time off so maybe you should go back and speak to her again.

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

I'm not very good with posting links but here it is

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1062.asp...categoryid=158

Quote Originally Posted by clio51 View Post
    I can understand where she's coming from, but that's not the attitude to take. If your know better by weds go see another gp in the practice with hopefully a better attitude with people with panic.
    She was awful. She's not even my family GP, she almost refused to see me when she called me before the appointment to ask why it was an emergency. I have been at that doctors surgery for 5 years and never been once. So for my first experience there it's not good lol! She made me feel stupid and she was so patronising so I'm absolutely dreading her calling me Thursday morning when I will have to ask for a sick not for 2-3 days so I can go bak to work next Monday! I'm really hoping dr just does it. If I was dodging work fair enough I've never had a sick not before I'm 26 and worked since I was 16 first time I need a sick note and the fuss!!! Lol x

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

I just googled it-the 7 days includes weekends even if not worked so it is basically 5 working days.

Your doctor should sign you off work though if you need the time off so maybe you should go back and speak to her again.

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

I'm not very good with posting links but here it is

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1062.asp...categoryid=158
    Awww thanks for that! So they are right :( hope the doctor does it for me I don't no what else I will do if she refuses to x

If you are feeling bad I don't know how she can say no, tht is just mean.

You need to be careful though as I was is the same situation and thought I would just need a week off so got a note from my doctor but I was then unable to go back for months. Avoiding work for that week made things much worse for me-I'm not saying that will happen to you at all but sometimes one week can turn into much longer.

I hope you feel better soon x

If you are feeling bad I don't know how she can say no, tht is just mean.

You need to be careful though as I was is the same situation and thought I would just need a week off so got a note from my doctor but I was then unable to go back for months. Avoiding work for that week made things much worse for me-I'm not saying that will happen to you at all but sometimes one week can turn into much longer.

I hope you feel better soon x
    I no what you mean it very tempting to ask for another week but I don't get sick pay because I'm new at my new job. So I couldn't afford to but I can understand it would be a vicious cycle!
    Thank you x

Thread Information