Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sertraline, beginning to help?

Re: Sertraline, beginning to help?

Hi J, so glad you are feeling better. I'm a couple of weeks in front of you and feel a difference too but still getting the odd day my thoughts are haywire. I also need to put weight on as lost nearly two stone and down to 7 stone 11 lbs and eating alot but not putting it on so thats worrying me.

Hi All,

Had a good weekend and off out later (on my own!) into town and feeling ok. A little panicky on waking but nothing major and settling now and looking forward to looking round the shops. I must be feeling better as now interested in clothes and my appearance (I sound like a right airhead !) and back to putting on makeup again (don't want to frighten people anymore!).

Ccat, sorry to hear about your arm, hope that settles down soon. I have been experiencing shakiness in my hands but this seems to be diminishing now and I'm not quite sure whether this was a side effect of the medication or just that I was so anxious.

Carefree, it was about the 12 week mark that I noticed I was feeling consistently better in the day, after only having odd days before, evenings and sleeping improved much more quickly (can't accurately remember when, think it was about 6 weeks, maybe a little sooner?), and I was taking sleeping tablets for a while, but now don't need them at all and generally sleep well. I am taking the maximum dose of 200 mg after starting on 50 mg and increasing up quickly over a matter of weeks (but I was under the care of Intensive Support during this time).

Hi Skoosh, I too lost a lot of weight during this "episode" and am having trouble putting it back on. I am quite tall and lost over a stone and was quite slim to start with. I have switched to full fat milk and just try to eat more when I can and when I fancy it. My appetite has improved now that I am not so anxious. When my anxiety is bad, the first thing I lose is my appetite then I don't sleep very well. Try to eat little and often, yoghurts and bananas I find are easy if you don't fancy anything much.

Take care everyone and I wish you loads of luck on your road to recovery. You WILL get better, it just takes a little longer for some of us.

J xx

Hi All,

Having a massive wobble today, awoke feeling anxious and panicky and am really fed up after having such a good week and feeling that I was "cured". I know setbacks are to be expected so will try to keep positive.

I will persevere because I have felt better, so know I can again, and my thoughts have been calm.

Take care.

J xx

Hi J, Love your determination good for you. Hope the rest of your day improves, stay positive.
    L

Hi All,

Oh dear having a massive wobble, not at all well again today, anxious and panicky, slept badly and feel really dreadful and scared. Last week was good, now I feel like I am back to square one again.

Just took my medication, hope I will settle soon, but fear I won't as was like this all day yesterday. Cried a lot yesterday, did very little just felt I couldn't cope. Can anyone suggest a good medication for obsessive thoughts and anxiety? Will try to stick it out until my next appointment, but feel so frightened by all this.

Sorry to moan, feel desperate again.

J xx

Hi can I just ask, has any one experienced hot/icy cold tingling sensationsin various parts of the body, Im on Day 6 Sertraline and Have been experience this side effect for 2 days. it feels very strange.

Dear J,

I just wanted to say I'm sorry youve had a bad few days, i'm sure it is probably just a "blip"- maybe they get less and less- but don't disapear completely- or take a bit longer til you don't get any.

Anyway, sending you hugs
    ccat xxx

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

dear Carefree

Yes- I have been getting a lot of tingling and pins and needles sensations

xxx

Hi All,

Having a really terrible time and my anxiety and OCD thoughts are through the roof. I am having a consultant appointment tomorrow and am terrified, but more afraid he won't be able to help me. I am hoping for a medication review as I am certainly no better, but not sure I can cope with new tablets, or if anyone can help me. Its all such a mess and a struggle every day.

Can anyone advise me on an effective anxiety medication for OCD/anxiety/depression? I can't function at the moment and am getting desperate.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I really need it. Many thanks.

J xx

So sorry to hear that J - you know- the consultant might well be able to help chick- I think my brother takes epilin ? or OCD ( itis an epilepsy drug but can be used for ocd- i think)
    Are you eating/ sleeping ok?
    Please let us know how it goes tomorrow.
    hugs to you
    xxx

Sorry to hear you are feeling so awful, I hope they can find the right meds for you, you should not have to feel this awful, and you were doing so well. Keep in touch and good luck for tomorrow hun.
    xx

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information