Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The worst morning EVER!!!

The worst morning EVER!!!

Hi everyone,

Well just had the most terrible morning with my Health Anxiety ever. Or was it???

Woke up feeling anxious immediately, which is unusual for me. I normally get about an hours respite before the butterflies kick in. I think I know why I was anxious - it was because I knew I had to drive this morning, something that I have avoided for weeks due to having my first episode (panic attack??) while driving.

As the time got nearer, I was in a terrible state. Heart rate up to 120 and arm/chest pain almost unbearable. I did all my usual stretches and breathing exercises but nothing worked.

I somehow managed the journey, but at one point I thought I was going to pass out my heart was racing so much. It peaked at about 150 bpm.

I am now home and it is about 92, which is still very high for me while resting.

I am convinced I am going to have a heart attack today. Can't shake the feeling of doom I currently have. Surely this much adrenalin and increased heart rate for so long cannot be good for me. My arm is still sore and my chest is tight.

Sorry for repeating myself, but I just want to vent on here.

So scared.

Charlie

Re: The worst morning EVER!!!

It sounds like anxiety and I wouldn't worry about your heart rate, worrying about it will keep it raised. Accept that it is anxiety causing it. The increased heart rate cannot harm you. Mine has been much higher whilst my anxiety was bad. I would suggest you stop checking it all the time as that means you are focusing on it and getting more anxious. It can't harm you.

Thanks Annie.

Really want to stop checking, but finding it so hard. This is the most prolonged high heart rate I have had to my knowledge. Still going at about 100 bpm. Got to be about 5 hours now.

Cannot be good for my heart or my blood pressure???!!!!

100 bpm is really not that high. If it was continuously much above that it may be more of a concern but as yours is fluctuating and around 100 then it is nothing to worry about. Take deep breaths in, hold it for 4 seconds and SLOWLY let it out. Keep repeating this and it should help your heart rate to go down.

Charlie don't worry, normal resting heartbeat is 60-100, also during excersise it's 100-140, strenuous exersise can go upto 200 bpm which doesn't cause harm. Don't forget your heart races when your exited also.

It's just not slowing down today. I am worried despite my tests coming back ok a few months ago. I am also feeling light headed and getting pulse feelings in my head, ears, chest and stomach.

Still going at around 96 bpm.

This cannot be good for me.

I am very scared that today is my last day.

It is fine! Constantly checking it is not helping. 96 bpm will not harm you. Some people have it go up MUCH higher without any harm. Mine was 180bpm one day when my anxiety was really bad and didn't go down much all day but I'm still here

Thanks Annie,

I know you are trying to reassure me. It is much appreciated. I can feel veins in my temples, so worried this has raised my BP.

My bpm has never been this high for so long. Think I may go to A&E just to be on the safe side.

I really don't think you need to go to A&E What you need to do first is some slow breathing exercises. Try that first, as I suggested earlier, tell yourself that you are fine and the anxiety will pass. Deep breaths in, hold for 4 seconds, let it out very slowly...keep repeating this and your heart rate will go down. It is not at a dangerous level anyway.

Yes, 96 is within the ranges of normal. 60-100 is a normal resting heart rate, obviously it you are distressed it will be higher so if your's is only 96 while you are freaking out then you should feel good about that. Try the relaxation techniques that were mentioned and stop checking your pulse, you are fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information