Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Sertraline Diary

Re: My Sertraline Diary

Hi Ccat thanks for you reply hun. It is really odd, like an impatient twitch! and im getting alot of indigestion.
    How long have you been on them??
    L
    XXX

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

Day 14
    2 weeks in. All in all a fairly good day. Lots of energy, lots of housework done, shopping etc. just quite a bit of indigestion and muscle pain, but no anxiety.

Starting to have some good days.

Hiya Carefree- its been about 5 weeks for me.
    yeah- i have also been getting odd muscle spasm type thing too- -
    a couple of tips- although it says you can take with or without food- i would take after food if you are getting indigestion. Also- when you get another prescription it is best if you can stick to same brand-if possible.
    Glad you are having a good day hun xxx

Thanks for the tips Ccat.

Day 15
    Lots of wierd tummy things and nausea. Not too bad a little nausea but ok.
    Wedding reception this evening was a little anxious about going and nearly backed out! Glad I went it was actually ok.

More & more positive

Day 16
    Have been a little dizzy and lightheaded and a little anxious, sometimes I feel like its two steps forward and one step back. However when I look over the last 2 weeks there has definitely been improvements. So if anyone has taken an interest in these posts, and is just starting out ....Stick with it!
    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

Day 20
    Have not written for a few days, had a lot on over the last few days. Considering how busy I have been I have not been too bad. I have had a few dizzy spells and quite a bit of nausea and muscle pain in my legs, as for anxiety greatly reduced. Have doctors appt tomorrow as I am 3 weeks in. It has actually gone quicker than I thought. Will let you know what she says.
    Hope everyone is coping well on their sert journey

Day 21
    Doctor seems pleased with my progress and so has given me another month on sert, at the same low dose. She does not seem concerned about the side effects Im having and has assured me they will settle down as it is still early days. I seem to be smiling alot more and my thoughts are not racing as much so thats good. The only down side is I seem to be putting weight back on and I needed to lose quite a bit so, not happy about that. I must be really careful, as that will only bring me down again.

Feeling positive and hopeful for the weeks to come.

Had some time to reflect on stuff today and for the first time in ages was able see more clearly, clarity! I have had anxiety etc for 3 years now and slowly over that time have lost a number of what I considered friends and one very close friend. Initially I thought it was my anxiety causing paranoia and kept telling myself that. However I have now discovered it is real, I have actually lost a lot of my friends. Why? Is it because they don't understand or don't want to understand or both? Has anyone else felt like this?
    Really interested in any comments you have?

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Anyone?

I understand the clarity thing, after coming out of the fog of Citalopram I felt it clear after a while on the Sert'!

As for the friend thing, how do you know you have lost them? Have you spoken to them? Perhaps being anxious has made you withdrawn and you have just lost communication with them?

If they were real friends they should be there for you no matter what happens but may need you to make the first move now your anxiety may be lifting? It's so easy to get caught up in our own lives and forget others i'm afraid.

Don't right off friendships in haste, but if they really have forgone that friendship due to your problems then good riddance they were not true friends, just friendly with you.

Steve

hiya Carefree

i can relate to what you are saying- i once fell out with one of my friends- had a bad break up and she said " get in touch when you are feelingf better!

ie- i don't want to see you til you are ok

it s incredibly hurtful. I have recently heard from someone who hasn't been in touc for a while- and the last time i emailed her i was quite poorl and she never replied- and i'm thinking do i reply and be honest- or am i too hurt that she never checked up on how i was doing?

it is tough chick

Ccat xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by southey View Post
    I understand the clarity thing, after coming out of the fog of Citalopram I felt it clear after a while on the Sert'!

As for the friend thing, how do you know you have lost them? Have you spoken to them? Perhaps being anxious has made you withdrawn and you have just lost communication with them?

If they were real friends they should be there for you no matter what happens but may need you to make the first move now your anxiety may be lifting? It's so easy to get caught up in our own lives and forget others i'm afraid.

Don't right off friendships in haste, but if they really have forgone that friendship due to your problems then good riddance they were not true friends, just friendly with you.Steve
    Thanks Steve you talk absolute sense. However I was that fun girl always out with my friends and family always the life and soul of a party, but when this hit me bang! I was not so much fun to be around anymore, I avoided situations/functions, and although I tried to talk to them about how I was feeling, I had this feeling that I frightened them off! I suppose people deal with things in different ways. I have always been a positive person up until this and I suppose they don't recognise me. But as you said if they were true friends they should have been with me through my ups and downs. Who knows maybe in time! When Im back

How you doing by the way, still well and going strong?

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ccat View Post
    hiya Carefree

i can relate to what you are saying- i once fell out with one of my friends- had a bad break up and she said " get in touch when you are feelingf better!

ie- i don't want to see you til you are ok

it s incredibly hurtful. I have recently heard from someone who hasn't been in touc for a while- and the last time i emailed her i was quite poorl and she never replied- and i'm thinking do i reply and be honest- or am i too hurt that she never checked up on how i was doing?

it is tough chick

Ccat xxxx
    It is tough hun, you know what us woman are like we analyse everything, lol. As I said too steve, maybe in time, thing will change and I should just accept things as they are for a while, let things lie a while.

Im glad you agree though and Im sorry you feel it too! It really does hurt! If it was me I would reply and be honest, I think you have nothing to loose. At least you know where you stand. Maybe they are feeling guilty and miss you? Go for it hun!
    How you feeling are you well?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information