Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: My Sertraline Diary

Re: My Sertraline Diary

That gives me hope. Well done. X

Hello!

I've been reading your journal over the past few days.

I was on Serdep (Sertraline) from October last year, until Feb this year. I weaned myself off them when I felt "okay". And now I'm having a relapse!

Am starting with mine tomorrow again. Thank you for your journal. I will post about my experience too.

It will be sunny, one day.

I have been prescribed 25 mgs of sertraline for one wek then 50mgs after that in morning to be taken after breakfast for health anxiety and ocds . I am very nervous about taking it . In past i tried only 10mgs of clompripone and it made me sooo anxious with vomiting and diarrhoea and fast heart beat . I was too scared to try any more tablets but has gotton really bad and cbt not working saw a psychiatrist today to try and get referred to maudsley hospital but they wont do it and said i should try sertraline with combined cbt at my local clinic. im so scared of getting same side effects as with the clomaprine as it was too horrible to carry on taking and also scared of getting seratoine syndrome sorry cant spell from taking it as i heard it can be fatal any input would be greatly appreciated .

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

I have to start in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ally-SA View Post
    Hello!

I've been reading your journal over the past few days.

I was on Serdep (Sertraline) from October last year, until Feb this year. I weaned myself off them when I felt "okay". And now I'm having a relapse!

Am starting with mine tomorrow again. Thank you for your journal. I will post about my experience too.
    Hi Ally-SA ,
    Thanks for your post, I take it then Sert initially helped? So sorry you are having a relapse and hope things start to improve again for you soon.
    I would love to hear how you get on all input/advice/info all helps. Im feeling so much better and its still early days so hope it continues. Keep in touch and good luck Ally.

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by emma jo View Post
    I have been prescribed 25 mgs of sertraline for one wek then 50mgs after that in morning to be taken after breakfast for health anxiety and ocds . I am very nervous about taking it . In past i tried only 10mgs of clompripone and it made me sooo anxious with vomiting and diarrhoea and fast heart beat . I was too scared to try any more tablets but has gotton really bad and cbt not working saw a psychiatrist today to try and get referred to maudsley hospital but they wont do it and said i should try sertraline with combined cbt at my local clinic. im so scared of getting same side effects as with the clomaprine as it was too horrible to carry on taking and also scared of getting seratoine syndrome sorry cant spell from taking it as i heard it can be fatal any input would be greatly appreciated .

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

I have to start in the morning
    Hi Emma, great to hear from you... I know a little of how you feel, I was so nervous about taking Sert. However in the end I decided that how I felt at the time out weighed the possibe side effects I might feel and the chance of feeling better. Honestly it was rough going in the first few weeks and a little scary, but I kept seeing my GP for reassurance that all side effects were normal and not out of control or dangerous and usually the effects I was feeling would subside after a couple of days. Im glad I stuck with it, and writing my thoughts down has really helped.
    You need to make the decision when to start, and it sounds like you have lots of support. I hope you start feeling better soon, please dont be scared and just keep talking, on here or GP or at your CBT, you are not alone Emma.
    Keep in touch.

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Day 49

Tiny bit on edge but possibly too much caffeine otherwise all good! Eliminating caffeine has really helped.
    Lost 9LB, on diet.

Hello!

Yes it did initially help... I was in a really bad place before I started the meds! And I felt good enough by Feb - that's why I stopped. lol

Doc said if I do feel good, I must not stop - rather take a smaller dose, or a pill every 2nd day. But not to stop.

Well today is my first day. In 15 mins I'm going to have my first pill!

Quote Originally Posted by carefree68 View Post
    Lol, I agree Sreve, the sun lifts everyones mood. How are doing? You always sound so positive, good for you!
    Doing really well, best I have felt for well over a decade or more! I have started a healthy diet with loads of juiced fruit and veg, oily fish, whole grains etc.. Cutting out excess booze, processed foods and saturated fats. I started this 3 weeks ago and feel amazing, loads of energy and my moods and anxiety are good!

I started this as I had a blood test recently which revealed high cholesterol with a level of 8.5!! Not great for a 39 year old but several decades of eating rubbish has caught up at last! Oh well at least my blood glucose was normal

I thought my anxiety would be high getting these health type results but it's fine Still on 100mg of Sert' so it's doing it's job

Onwards and upwards,

Atb,

Steve

Day 52

Well still feel a little on edge, not anxious but aware, if that makes sense? I dont quite understand why, life is good and happy, husband apparently doing really well kids are good. Yet still this slight edgy tension feeling! Has anyone else felt this this far in? Am I becoming used to 50mg and need an increase or is this normal and will subside? Any advice / comments would be appreciated.

How is everyone else doing???

a bit miffed

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ally-SA View Post

Well today is my first day. In 15 mins I'm going to have my first pill!
    Hi Ally,

How is it going? You must be on day 3? Hope it works out 2nd time around.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by southey View Post
    Doing really well, best I have felt for well over a decade or more! I have started a healthy diet with loads of juiced fruit and veg, oily fish, whole grains etc.. Cutting out excess booze, processed foods and saturated fats. I started this 3 weeks ago and feel amazing, loads of energy and my moods and anxiety are good!

I started this as I had a blood test recently which revealed high cholesterol with a level of 8.5!! Not great for a 39 year old but several decades of eating rubbish has caught up at last! Oh well at least my blood glucose was normal

I thought my anxiety would be high getting these health type results but it's fine Still on 100mg of Sert' so it's doing it's job

Atb,

Steve
    Hey Steve,
    Sounds like you are doing all the right things to bring cholesterol levels down. Eating properly will make you feel better all round (you can only abuse your body for so long before it says 'enough'. I have been eating (on my new diet) 'OatBran', proven to lower cholesterol, worth a try! Your head is deffinately in the right place so sounds like you can just about take on the world Or is that just pushing it slightly lol. I like reading your posts they are deff motivating....just keep doing what you are doing.

'ello How are you feeling today? Hopefully better! I wish I could give you some advice, but I only ever was on 50mg before - and it worked for me. Maybe you could try increase slightly - to 75mg, and see how you feel? Or maybe talk to your doc? I dunno... I don't want to give you the wrong advice.

I am on day 5, and doing ok. Really don't like feeling light-headed, but hope it will pass soon. Also have a lump in throat feeling - ugh. And feel like I'm trembling...

Last edited by Ally-SA; 29-07-13 at 10:40.

DAY 56
    Forgot to take my meds the other day and worried all night that it was going to effect me in some way, but apart from a mild headache, which could have been caused by anything.... absolutely fine! Just took it at the normal time the next day and all is good! Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else forgets!

Feeling less edgy, kids are off on school hols and keeping me busy, (love it when the kids are off) weather is fab. Feeling quite chilled at the moment.

Due to see doc tomorrow for a check up on how Im doing on 50MG!

Hope everyone is well?

Day 59
    A little low i suppose. Worried a little bit about my husband, as he is feeling a little anxious and scared about everything that happened to him last year, (details in first diary entry) and im trying to support and comfort him. I think we all need a holiday...first one since it all happened.
    As for how I feel on meds, well, no side effects and seem to be holding my own. how is everyone elso doing?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information