Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: My Sertraline Diary

Re: My Sertraline Diary

I can't cope with the side effects anymore and have started to reduce the meds to come off on my doctors orders. I think I am in my 8th week, so gave them a fair go. I did say 12 weeks, but think I have a good idea of have its going and the doctor has said the same.

Sounds like they suit you better, very pleased for you.

I am unsure about trying a different one...

Hi NR,
    Oh so sorry they didnt work for you....I agree after 12 weeks there should be a noticeable difference. Has he suggested what other meds you might try?
    I suppose these meds effect different people in different ways and you have to keep going until you find the right one for you.

I hope you start to find some relief soon, keep in touch and let me know how you get on....good luck!

Take care

L

Thank you. They do affect us differently and we all have views on the meds, sometimes strong ones. I think its a personal thing.

I am not sure of my next move.

Day 66

Generally feeling well. Had a slight blip yesterday and I think know why. I had some alcohol the day before, so left me with some weird sensations yesterday. Chin felt numb and tingling sensations running through my head. Now usually this would totally freak me out but actually I dealt with this calmly and logically and put it down to having a glass or two the night before. I feel fine now. I still get the occasional missed heart beats and rushes but apparently these are perfectly normal.
    My updates are less and less due to feeling ok...I hope I have helped others and continue to do so. I know writing this has helped me... so thank you.
    I will post again soon. x

It's been good reading your posts. They have helped me and I'm pleased they it has helped you and you feel better.

I think this section of the site has helped me through a difficult chapter of my life.

im glad sert has helped you i have been taking it for just over a week so i hope it helps me. so far my side effects have not been to bad. im still worrying about health anxiety issues but have been told it takes several weeks for them to work so fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Ally-SA View Post
    'ello How are you feeling today? Hopefully better! I wish I could give you some advice, but I only ever was on 50mg before - and it worked for me. Maybe you could try increase slightly - to 75mg, and see how you feel? Or maybe talk to your doc? I dunno... I don't want to give you the wrong advice.

I am on day 5, and doing ok. Really don't like feeling light-headed, but hope it will pass soon. Also have a lump in throat feeling - ugh. And feel like I'm trembling...

Hi There

I was also on Serdep but on 100mg. I spoke to my GP and she said if you go on Serdep you need to be on it for at least 13-18months for it too permanently help. I have slowly weaned off and feel after a week of not taking it I get "brain zaps" and then if I just take a 50mg after that I feel fine. I think if you go on anti depressants it all depends how severe yoru depression is. If you have major depressio then then you need to go for 1-2yrs. Its scary though, I shouldnt even read on google because I have been feeling ok just that funny dizzy feeling but then I come online and start reading all these things and it makes you panic because you are scared of what you have done to yourself by taking these pills. Serdep really worked for me, I have never been happier and I am petrified that the depression comes back but sometimes I think its that way of thinking that can make you depressed too. Best thing to try and do is stop thinking and relying on the tablets. You have to get through it yourself as well.

I am glad I am not alone, makes you feel better to know that.
    Hope you are okay :-)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information