Thread: Dear All, care to update?

Dear All, care to update?

Many things that happened to me in the last 3 months are a first time, Including my diagnosis with MDD and me becoming a member of NMP and understanding more and more about depression and other mental illnesses.

being on Mirtazapine/Remeron, made me read a lot of topics within NMP and hundreds of replies if not more. I felt a close connection with every person that had my symptoms and pain and deep down I wished them a full recovery from this horrible illness.

I'm sure many of you have gone about your lives and maybe some still come to this site from time to time to read and educate yourself.

I'm reaching out to those who chose Mirt as their medication for their various illness to update us with their success if any.

Even your pain inspired me to fight hard to overcome this and I'm just at the beginning of the road to getting better.

with lots of love

Dubai

Re: Dear All, care to update?

H Dubai I'm not sure MDD is? I did not choose to be on any medication and did not chose to be taking mirtazapine. My psychiatrist chose it as an add on to boost the lithium I was already on. If we lived in an ideal world then I would not choose to be on any medication. As my diagnosis suggests I suffer from severe recurrent depression needing meds and sometimes hospitalisation to make me better again. No miracle cures here I'm afraid although I have avoided inpatient admission since 1992. What about you??? EJ

Hello EJ,

Glad to see your response. MDD; major depression disorder.
    I have been on Mirt for 25 days, I'm closely monitoring my progress and I must say Mirt has been great so far. I'm trying not to be excited about the progress since I have had some bad days on the med. On the 6th week mark I have my appointment with my gp to review.

Hi Dubai I believe that mirtazapine is the best anti depressant by far for me and I have been on a few over the years. It is not very easy to withdraw from though because of the side effects. EJ

It would be nice if some of you post an update on your progress with mirtazapine or after treatment / remission. Any update will be helpful.

Hi Dubai
    I've been taking mirt since February for anxiety and unfortunately I haven't found it helpful and in fact I've been worse than ever on this medication. I'm now reducing and coming off it, and have started escitalopram.
    Sue x

We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.

Actually I don't remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs.

Jim Morrison

Hi Dubai,

Hope things are going well for you.

I've been on mirtazapine for quite a few years, and pregabalin for about three years.

I take 45 mg mirtazapine per day. I've gotten into the pattern of taking 30 mg at bedtime, and 15 mg when I wake up usually about 4 to 5 am. It seems to help me drift off again before I get up around 7 am.

Hello Hanshan, Snoodlester and EJ,

Thank you all for the update.

Thread Information