Thread: Depersonalisation ?

Depersonalisation ?

I'm pretty new to this forum never posted before.. I'm a 20 year old female and I suffer from panic disorder and healthy anxiety.. Basically I'm doing my final exams at uni at the moment and have really bad anxiety these last 3 days. Rapid heart heart, chest tightness, fast breathing, tingling fingers... also I've been feeling distant like my hands aren't a part of my body my mind just feels far away it's really strange I never felt this before and I'm literally terrified and it's causing me even more anxiety. I've been to a doc before but never with this problem. Just wondering if anyone ever feels this way? Cos I'm afraid it's some weird condition I never heard about - I'm not even scared of a specific illness! It's making me irritable and constantly of the verge of a panic attack especially when I think about feeling like this during an exam as I am constantly hyper-vigilant over the feeling :/

Re: Depersonalisation ?

Welcome to the forum.
    It's very very common. I suffer from depersonalisation and derealisation very badly. Its very frightening.

Hopefully yours is just caused by the exam and once that stress has been eliminated, so will the symptoms.

Re: Depersonalisation ?

I get that too its terribly annoying but i think its the panic effect i get rid of the fastest by nipping myself or stamping my feet a little, not sure why that helps me but it does.

Thread Information