Thread: will upping my dose help

will upping my dose help

hey everyone

im on day 20 and im really struggling to cope, i had an awfull first 9 days, then things mellowed out from day 9 to 14 and i wa managing with only the odd bit of mild anxiety here and there, then day 16, 17 and 18 were pure hell, super high anxiety, i couldnt cope with anything, couldnt really eat and i had got my appetite back by then and just felt hopeless, all this anxiety is 100% worse than before i was on the meds and im struggling to cope, day 19 i woke up and was ok, it was a real relief i had a real good day were i got lots done and felt happy, in the evening i had a little anxiety but it passed, then last night i had my first night panic were i woke up and thought i could swollow and felt nausous. this morning i woke up feeling like i had a cold, hot tired unwell etc, as the day passed i was ok, no major anxiety, then come 4pm wham im hit with waves of anxiety and im still getting it now, along with a very dry mouth which is making me more anxious an nauseous.

i really feel like ive had enough of feeling like this, im still on 10mg, i thought about going to the doctor tomorrow and asking to increase my dose, my question is will raising my dose make me feel better, or will it make all this anxiety worse. have i got to try and deal with all this sky high anxiety untill 6-8 week on the meds, the way im feeling right now ive had enough, but i know if i reduced the meds and tried to come of cit i would still feel damn awfull for 6-8 weeks, i just feel like im not gonna get better and i cant cope with all this anxiety, i thought it was getting less and less, but it seems to be getting worse now

Re: will upping my dose help

Hi Lisa, sorry you are having a tough time right now. All I can say is its all normal and it does get better. No one can really say how your journey will pan out because it is different for everyone. I'm on day 36 and still have some anxiety but I think its only at the level it was before I started. Your symptoms sound similar to mine and it was around the 3 week point that things started to turn around. I still get a dry mouth a couple of hours after taking my tablet and i'm still more tired than normal and have the occasional sleepless night. Hope this helps a bit.

Hi Lisa

Im now on day 31, Ive always been on 20mg so cant advise on an increase however it took until about day 26ish for me for the side affects to subside, nausea, really bad anxiety, no concentration,headaches, drowsy etc. The only ones that I am still having now are sleep is still not great and concentration not 100%. The last few days I have started to feel much better Im driving again and getting out by myself. Im not an expert but from what Ive researched 10mg does seem low apart from as a starting dose and hang on in there as you should soon be over the worst of the side affects.
    Take care
    Sarah

thanks all, im going back to docs this morning to have a chat and see what she thinks

Thread Information