Thread: So many changes in a month ...

So many changes in a month ...

I have not been on here much because I have been so busy I cannot breathe! Since May 10, I got married, went on my honeymoon, came home, started a new job, started a new internship separate from my job, started new classes at school, and moved to a new apartment.

I thought I was doing pretty well, but now it is all catching up with me. I had lots of trouble sleeping last night. Also had a pretty bad night sweat, which got my anxiety going even though I am pretty sure it is a side effect of my lexapro mixed with summer and anxiety.

Today I had supervision at school and my supervisor is so wonderful. She made me feel better about not feeling like I am good enough or skilled enough at my new internship and said it is normal to feel like that and the purpose is for me to learn while I am there anyway.

I am just very overwhelmed. I know why I am, just hard to find time for myself to relax and take care of myself. I am glad I am working as I need the money. I really enjoy the job too. It just has odd hours because it is at a hospital so a couple days out of the week I am very off because I either work an early morning shift or a late shift and it messes with my sleep schedule. Normally not a big deal, but my sleep is so on and off anyway that any disruption in routine can really shake it up for me.

All of this and I am forgetting about being married now! I have been doing all of the pain in the butt things with changing my name, going to motor vehicle (anybody in the US knows what a pain that is!), contacting everyone, etc.

Sorry for the long vent, just got a lot in my head that needed to come out! Thanks for listening

Re: So many changes in a month ...

Hi Good to hear from you I am not surprised you are feeling stressed you have had so much going on, lots of big changes in your life and all in 1 month!! You have been doing amazingly well! This would wear anyone out never mind someone who is anxious! Try to take some time out to chill and relax and pamper yourself a bit.

I am exhaused just reading your post, you must take some time for yourself, you need to relax and relieve tension, congratulations on your marriage blessings

That's a LOT of changes! Even positive changes are stressful, but try to remember the positive side to it all and that will see you through. You will settle and feel better about everything eventually.

Congratulations on your marriage!

Thanks everyone, sometimes I just need some positive words of encouragement Maybe I should sign up for a discount massage at work ...

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Thanks everyone, sometimes I just need some positive words of encouragement Maybe I should sign up for a discount massage at work ...
    That sounds like an excellent idea.

Thread Information