Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lump in my throat

Re: lump in my throat

Hi.. I'm so glad i've found this site.. apparntly it is the mind.. kinda crazy rally!!
    like you mine comes and goes.. all last week i was fine and it was great... but its back now! I hate it.. it feels like sometimes i cant get my words out cos its just there. it's constant.. i think i bring it on myslef sometimes as i wake up in the morning and think is it there?

Hi. I've also had this awful feeling for about two months like I've swallowed something and it's got stuck! Had loads of tests for gall stones, thyroid etc and they found nothing. I started taking a 1000mg tablet of Evening Primrose oil and a 285mg tablet of Sage Leaf in the morning after breakfast and at night after dinner within 4 days the feeling had gone completely and hasn't come back. I really hope this may be of help to some of you as it's great to get rid of the feeling.

I have this right now. In fact I've had it for years.

Oh yes i have had this lump in the throat on and off for years, one doctor told me its anxiety causing it and another one told me it was a reflux, but i do find when i forget about it and it goes away, now thaat i have thought about it no doubt i will get it lol

Not nice sensation and all i want to do is drink hen i hsve it to try and make it go away

Michelle xx

When we hear or watch anything sad we always say we had a 'lump in our throat' don't we? well its the same thing...throat muscles tensing up gives us just this feeling. When we have constant tension it can affect all the muscles in your body including your throat.

Anna xxx

Quote Originally Posted by stringy View Post
    Has anyone had the feeling of a lump in the throat.I have had this feeling for 3 months.I did go to the doctor but he couldn't see or feel anything.I have read about people who have had this feeling,and apparently it goes away as fast as it comes.I don't know if this is in my mind as my boss has just died of throat cancer aged 55.
    Does anyone know if the mind is powerful enough to imagine this.
    Kind Regards
    Moira
    hi,ihave had this problem of feeling of lump in my throat for several weeks,started with throat and chest inf and croaky voice had two lots of antibiotics and steroids but still suffering ,i now also have a feeling of cold in my ear when i drink as if the liqiuid as gone in,iam getting really worried which the makes the matter worse,when i get up in the morning ithink great its gone then it starts again,alough i dont have much pain its just annoying the feeling of a lump in my throat,please anyone who as this give me some advice,thanks trish

Hi Everyone,
    I have just been diagnosed with globus hystericus, the medical name for lump in the throat, this description is spot on. This feeling started around the age of 9 after I choked on a boiled sweet, but didn't connect this condition to then, I thought it was from gulping my food to fast in the past, now I'm 27 and its been diagnosed, its kind of a relief to know its an illness, and I'm not going mad, I thought it was in my mind, I'd convinced myself it was a mental state. To be told its a medical condition thats recognised as an illness, feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, someone finally believes me. I'm on antidepressants and relaxants, I can't sleep at night, due to worrying about everything, money, my children, my partner, what people think of me, do they even like me, my brain is on the go all the time, I can't switch off, so I've been given relaxants to try to help. It has helped me to sleep a bit more. I know its early days yet, and I truely hope this condition improves, I've been like this for so long now, I truely hope I can get back to being able to eat without worrying about it getting stuck in my throat, can anyone else understand what I mean when I say that? I'm glad I know what it is, and I'm glad I've found this site.

Doesn't anyone ever, EVER turn out to have this condition due to an actual foreign body in the throat, rather than anxiety?

lump in my throat

I had been with a lump in the throat sensation for 4 months. It was a steady torture everyday and had me really down.
    This is the treatment Ive come to embrace after much much trial and error and reasearch and many doctors.

Esomeprazole (supposedly pretty much the best PPI) 40 mg before breakfast (generic omeprazole, pantoprazole, etc didnt do the trick) Nixium is good also, but Esomeprazole seems to have more an effect on the throat according to my doc.

Reflucil Mospride (prokinetic to close the disfunctional sphicter, better than metroclopramide) 5 mg morning 5 mg afternoon (it was after starting this one that the problm went away completly. (ask your doctor if you merit a Nissens Fundiplication) (if you cant find mosapride in the US look for the drug that is most similar)

Probiotics (friendly germs for your stomach, (yeah its a must) ) at lunch

ranitidine ( I dont do more than 2 pills a day) at lunch and at night. (yes you can mix ..prazoles and ranitidine the doctor told so, its safe.

The DIET is the most important thing though.

breakfast: Apple, Oatmeal, Honey, Chamomole tea

Lunch: chiken or fish, cooked or boiled, use no oil. Boiled veggies, beeds, spinach, reasearch which ones are less acid producing.

Supper: Oatmeal, aples, rasins. honey. chamomile tea.

Exercise

Be Patient

be on this treatment about two months, but you might need more. Never leave a healthy diet, relapses are bad, Ive suffered three, now I get the point though.

Your about to take a sip of that coke.......STOPPPPPPP

You didnt have honey handy so youll throw in some sugar........donīt

Your telling youserlf that having some popcorn at the movies is ok.....STOPPPPP

You are depressed and you are about to binge on chocolate......STOOPPP

you canīt control your hunger, your bad eating habbits, and you need someone or a greater power to keep you accountable: my facebook is Joey Kittelson add me and Ill send you an inbox every day and write on youre wall to remind you how worth it it is to be disiplined

Other stuff that cause lump in throat (stress, fungus, allergies, but if you do this treatment and the symptoms go away, then you know that it was gastritis and possibly a disfuctional LES (lower esophageal sphicter)

Look up the stuff you must avoid and take it seriously.......be diciplined and you should be fine

God bless and get well!

p.s. my case was seriouly bad. 4 months of failiure, but God is good, medicine is awesome, theres a way out Wink"!

I have a this feeling to, it is one of the symptoms I dislike most as it often makes me gag and gag for ages. I carry water with me everywhere as I often feel slightly better if I take a few sips of drink.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information