4 36.36%
  • noon

0 0%
  • after supper

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to Escitalopram (esto)

Unhappy new to Escitalopram (esto)

its my 3rd week on the pill, i take 7.5 m.g (3/4 of a pill), i have experienced sleepiness for the last 9 nights (sad ha).

i take it around 10:30pm on full stomach,the damage was done, i stay awake for long hours & nights, i'm afraid it affects my heart, what are your thoughts?
    should i switch to mornings or leave at night but add "Clonopin" to fall asleep?

not sure how my body will react from the change.
    i feel sleepy but its mixed with restlessness & anxiety so i can fall asleep.

also will changing Escitalopram to the original brand Cipralex would benefit?
    begging for help, much tx!

Re: new to Escitalopram (esto)

Hi sweet,

wish you the best, im about to start my cipralex tonight(2.5mg), however that might chage to am -we'll see. Just want to get out of this hole before take family on holiday next month

Paul

u starting?? u might experience a form of side effects...have a nice holiday

I'm still not sleeping without help after 6 months on Escitalopram but I think it's more to do with going through a never ending bitter divorce than anything else.

I've always taken my meds at night but when I was on Citalopram, I have taken that both morning and night and really found not great difference.

Good luck Paul, I started out on a weenie dose too and took it very slowly, the first day I felt perfect, the next day a little anxious , then I remember feeling very sleepy and flat during the day but soon started getting much longer periods of feeling well, mornings remained hardest for a while but I have felt pretty much normal since around Christmas time now onwards and started Cipralex in October. I do however still take sleep aids and Lorazepam when I wake up but not always now.

Red face Re: new to Escitalopram (esto)

Hey karen

thats why i take it mornings instead of night time, it says specifically that one of the side effects of Esto is insomnia.

btw is there any difference between Esto & Cipralex?
    also how long have u been on a lower dosage (5mg?) before u increased to 10mg?
    much tx!

Gary
    Last edited by sweetg; 14-06-13 at 17:37.

Escitalopram is Cipralex with another name. (:

I was on 2-50mg's for ten days and then moved up to 5mg's for a good few weeks and then up to 10. I've been a bit higher too but then seemed better on 10mgs but I am having a bit of a blip week for some reason this week after feeling the best I have for a long time last week, how odd is that!! I'm not worrying though. I'm just going to eat properly and go for some nice long walks (:

I am on 20mgs but I haven't felt drowsy taking it. I put my drowsiness down to my under active thyroid gland.

I am on 20mg too and take it in the morning. Good luck with it, have started to have clear moments so hopeful it is now working. Had a blip fri & today so far but heading to friends so am determined to feel more positive.

Have you had many other side effects going up to 20mg's??? I think I may need it finally unless I am going through a blip but feel terrible at the mo mo.

I'm on 5mg and it sometimes makes me sleepy in the day. I don't think it keeps me awake but sometimes I don't sleep well and have to have a snooze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information