Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convinced I have Pancreatic Cancer Please Help

Convinced I have Pancreatic Cancer Please PLEASE Help

About 6 months ago, I had a sharp pain in my abdomen that caused me to vomit and have diarrhea several times each. I also had sweating and the chills. About 3 months later, it happened again but this time there was no vomiting. I quickly brushed off these incidents, thinking they were food poisoning, until I started getting a pain in my upper right abdomen the last couple weeks. Sometimes it radiates to the middle and left parts of the abdomen. It doesn't radiate to the back, but I've also been getting separate pain in my spine between my shoulder blades. I have also had a stool change in the last few months. It's not pale or smelly, but they are loose and kind of float. Being neurotic, I googled my symptoms and pancreatic cancer came up.
    Since then, I have thought nonstop about it. Over the last several days, I have been lightheaded all day every day and have loose stool several times a day. I have had a slight decrease in appetite and have also lost 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I'm starting to become very frightened. I don't know if some of these symptoms are from my anxiety or not. They didn't start in earnest until I started dwelling on cancer. The pain in my right abdomen is very intermittent and minor, but it doesn't feel like a muscle injury. I'm so scared I have cancer and it's going to get worse and worse.
    Is there anything you guys can tell me to calm me down? I'm so afraid and don't know what to do. I'm 26 and know that pancreatic cancer is extremely rare in my age range, but with all these symptoms I can't seem to find anything else it could be. Please help!

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Can anybody please help?
    Last edited by alexc285; 13-06-13 at 20:15.

Re: Convinced I have Pancreatic Cancer Please Help

It could be IBS

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for the feedback. What about the pain between the shoulder blades and lightheadedness? Could these be from my nonstop worry?

Could be anxiety and stress and tension

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Do you have yellow eyes or skin? That would indicate a pancreatic problem.
    Your symptoms sound very indicative of gallbladder to me, though. You should definitely go to a doctor or head to the hospital next time you have a bad spell because they can do an ultrasound and such. Don't be afraid, everything will be okay.

No jaundice yet. I'm very fair skinned so it might be hard to tell anyway. Thank you for your support.

Alexc285, Sounds like your anxiety is getting the better of you. Whenever you focus on something and only THAT something, the symptoms amplify. There have been many, many times I have had the pain in between my shoulder blades and unfortunately someone with health anxiety it really IS a big deal but that pain between the shoulder blades could be many things and one is not pancreatic cancer. Im NOT a doctor by any means and it really is always the best thing to be checked out by your Dr. So getting back to the pain between the shoulder blades, it is most likely as simple as indigestion. Regardless of your skin colour, you WILL know if you are jaundice, your skin and eyes are very yellow - a little like a really bad tanning session when you come out that orange/yellow colour. Dr Google is talked about quite a lot on here so take a look at some of the posts, just remember a computer is just that nothing except a quick visit to the doc can tell you whats really going on.

My husband has had acute Pancreatitis and his symptoms were not as you are describing. Im sure the Gp would put your mind at rest.

it,s definetely gallstones which in-turn messes with your pancreas which messes with your digeston which in-turn again messes with your stomach which could also be ibs.=all those symptoms. and what with your anxietys well need i say more. go to your doctor and tell him. i,ve had all that so i had my gallbladder removed and now im good and that was nearly 7yrs ago.

Thank you everybody. I'm still freaked out but you guys have taken the edge off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information