Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what dose of diazepam works for you?

what dose of diazepam works for you?

Hi

I've been taking Diazepam 2mg as needed for last couple of weeks. Thing is, sometimes I don't notice much improvement - is it OK to take 2 at once? Do any of you find that you need more than 2mg at times?

Thanks

HI Yes i find at times i need to take 4mgs or even 5mg depending on the situ.I try mostly not to take at all so i really feel the benifit.

I"ve been taking 5mg twice daily for 3 yrs now with no probs or need to increase
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

My friend is on 10 mg. I only used to take 2 as and when, but I have taken as much as 8mg in one day when the anxiety has been at its worst. My friend sleeps a lot!!

Les

Thanks

I took 4mg yesterday afternoon and it made me feel really spacey but it did wonders for the tension my body.

Les - I'm not surprised your friend sleeps alot. I could have easily had a hours nap but I was in the middle of making tea!

When I was taking them I used to break a 2mg tablet into quarters and take one of the pieces before going to bed and that was enough for me for the following day. Less can be better sometimes especially for just taking the edge off things. FLOYD

I agree with Floyd- the thing with diazepam is that is addictive and the more often you take it, the less effective it becomes, so you need to take more to feel the benefits. You can take 15mg a day and more-I think! 5mg has me nodding off though!

hi i have been persribed diazepam 2mg and im on sertraline i have been to see a doctor today and i may have to have my sertraline uped a dose im on 50mg is there anybody on sertraline if there is how many mg do you take? the doctor said i can take diazepam now and again when i feel bad but im afraid of being addicted to them anybody in my situation

mrs m bevis

Hi scatty cat, i take diazapam 5mg but not all the time ,but it makes me tooooo relaxed,saying that i would not be without it.

Hi Scatty Cat

I've found this Topic very reassuring. I was worrying that I was the only one who used diazepam. I take 2mg as needed.

I had a major anxiety attack nearly four weeks ago and went through a quarter of a packet in 3 days. (7 tablets). Since then I've been counting the days I've been diazepam free (25 today) but am getting myself worked up because I'm in full PMT and due to go back to where I had the attack on Thursday. My hubby has just reminded me that I have the tablets for occasions just like these and for goodness sake - I got the packet of 28 tablets a year ago - and there's still 7 left!

Still I'm scared I'll start relying on them to cope.

What do you all thinK? And what do you do instead of taking a diazepam?

Dusty xx

PMT - Proof that God must be a man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information