Thread: Burning after drinking

Unhappy Burning after drinking

Hey everyone, sorry if I've posted this before but if I have, I can't find my own question in my profile! Probably missed it, although I don't remember getting an answer last time I'm afraid. ^^;

Anyway, in the last 2 or so months, if I have so much as a glass of water to drink - even if it's just water or milk - I get a burning sensation in my throat, and it sometimes feels rather dry. I also burp a lot and feel like there's gas stuck in my throat somewhere. I might even get a feeling of "hunger," but I'm not sure how to describe it. This occurs with my usual symptoms of mucus and "reflux."

This tends to happen in the afternoon more than the morning but what concerns me is that it happens even though I'm trying to treat suspected LPR reflux with PPIs and Gaviscon Advance etc. I realy hope water isn't causing me reflux, I'll never be able to cure it if it is... :(

EDIT: Just so you know, I never drink alcohol, fizzy drinks or citrus drinks.
    Last edited by Orange Lightning; 15-06-13 at 21:24.

Re: Burning after drinking

That does sound very much like acid reflux.. And it could just be that it is flaring up due to Anxiety.

I have had Acid Reflux for 15 years and been on PPIs and gaviscon for 7 years but I had a semi miracle cure for me (I still take PPIs but have half the dose) I had an endoscopy after many years of outing it off.

And guess what the found only a mild irritation and then from after that day my symptoms seems to have faded, I don't know why but it did.

Anyway you are just having a flare up and I have had that before.

I feel the same at the moment, everything I eat, drink, or not eat gives me acid or some sort of welling sensations.

As a long term sufferer of acid reflux , I get this symptom regularly, I have been on meds for this for years but still get problems, like you some days anything sets it off, other days I can get away with drinking and eating without too much trouble.

Thread Information