Thread: C.b.t

C.b.t

Has anyone been through cbt with guidance, or is anyone currently doing this if so how was it. Did it help you

Re: C.b.t

AJ, I did CBT in 2008 through the local hospital. At the time I had been diagnosed with OCD, generalised anxiety disorder, health disorder and panic disorder. The programme was fantastic, I really did help but you only get out of it what you put in. If you're willing to challenge the thoughts and behaviours then it will work for you. There were some people that did the course and they found it difficult to carry out some of the tasks. I personally think its brillant but its also some thing you have to be willing to work on not just at the time you're doing it, its something you need to put into practice every day. This is where I came undone, I was so much better and thought I didn't need any of it any more, the older I get the more I realize that its something that you need to work on everyday and its best to do it on your well days. Hope that helps.

Thank you ever so much for your response it was very useful, I'm currently waiting for my treatment to start I have been assigned a therapist so hopefully it won't be too long now, I too have already found that its very easy to suddenly feel that your well, only to suffer a set back which really throws you into turmoil again I only hope I'm not putting too much scope into cbt.

Thanks again
    Aaron

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sorry Nicola. Very new to site so at bit to learn for me

Hello and welcome to this wonderful site. I did CBT several years ago with the help of a lovely therapist. With her guidance I was able to beat deep depression and stand up to people who were bullying me. I have used the skills I learned every day since. I'm glad I did CBT. It can be hard work at time and you may find some situations you endure while getting better might make you feel uncomfortable. But that is all part of learning to vp cope. You discover alot about yourself and become stronger in character. Your self-esteem improves as does your sense of self worth. The best of luck to you and good on you as well for getting some help sorted because that can sometimes be a difficult step.

Thankyou for your comments, your encouragement means a lot. I desperately need help with the self esteem side of things. I have recently gone through some very dark times regarding myself and how I see me. It would be good to see some improvement in this area.
    Thanks again for your comments
    Aaron

Thread Information