Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citalopram

hi dawn
    Ive been on it now for over a month! after 2 weeks my doc put my dose up to 20mg!i felt pretty terrible more anxious than before but after a week or so i felt alot better and still do! still feel anxious at times but nothing like it was before! keep going with them and try not to think about the side effects! my mum wouldnt let me see the leaflet cos she knew i would worry and that makes it worse! my doc told me to take it easy in the first few weeks, look after yourself and try to relax as much as possible! i take my dose mid morning cos thats when i get up! and i feel ok
    Jen xx

Don't ever let go of Hope, it gives us the strength to keep going when we feel like giving up!

I've been taking citaolpram now for a few weeks and i must say they are working for me. I was taking effexor and diazipam for a year but after i stopped taking the valium the effexor made me feel horrible so i eventually came off them and now i'm taking citaolpram and they are working for my anxiety and depression. Stick with it

Been taking them for a while now but think I'm going to ask to change drugs as I feel ill all the time. Have fainted a few times and feel lighteded frequently. Also lost loads of weight. It's helped my depression but my anxiety is still very very very bad. Fed up now. Anybody else had these problems?

Good article there, thanks.

I noticed that for the first few weeks I actually felt worse, but this is a very common sode effect of Citalopram and I found the best way to combat this was to keep myself busy, physically, mentally.

Sitting around doing nothing is the single worst thing you can do.

Unfortunately I have had rapid increase in weight throughout the 8 months I've been on these tablets, and that is depressing enough in itself. In fact, this has got to me so much I would rather work through the depression with exercise and happy foods than continue taking the medication and staying heavier.

Ive been off the tablets 3 weeks now and every time I feel bad, I get to the gym, close my eyes and visualise the person I want to be. Then I use all my motivation/power to get me through it

Last night I did an hours boxing circuit training, then got shepherded into a 5km run. Damn hard work, but the feeling of achievement today is fantastic.

I simply cannot praise exercise enough for releasing natural endorphins

[:I]

I know what you mean Gibbles. Although it 'helped' the depsression I've lost so much weight my confidence has gone out the window which makes me depressed. Also could it be I am doing more now and keeping my mind occupied that is the reason I'm not as depressed as before and not the tablets.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Been taking them for a while now but think I'm going to ask to change drugs as I feel ill all the time. Have fainted a few times and feel lighteded frequently.

<div align="right">Originally posted by PanickyPolly - 19 June 2006 : 10:27:25</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

i have been on citalopram for 3 days now and today felt very dizzy, lightheaded, and generally ill. i felt like i was going to have a MAJOR panic attack - i havent had a serious panic attack for around 8 years, the doc prescribed citalopram for headaches and balance problems which she thinks are caused by depression/stress/anxiety. the feeling lasted around 6 hours, and i came very close to going to the hospital.

i read in an online leaflet that if you experience low blood pressure (dizzyness and weakness) you should go to A&E immediately!! that didnt exactly help my anxiety! how do i know if the dizzyness was normal or a potentially serious reaction?

i dont think i should take another tablet tonight. i felt seriously physically unwell and also close to having a major psychotic episode. can anyone offer any advice?

Eddie I know how you feel. I had the same reaction and stopped taking them and felt better within a couple of days. By all accounts these side effects wear off but I personally wasn't prepared to go through them. I became almost manic, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, sweating profusely etc etc. It was awful. The decision to carry on taking them is entirely up to yo. Many here will tell you that these drugs have really benefitted them whilst others have had the same experience as you and I. Its a tough one I know but I personally did not trust what the drug was doing to me and have now decided to take an alternative approach to dealing with my problems. Best of luck mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information