Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and Lyrica doses

Re: Anxiety and Lyrica doses

I'm OK thanks Sarah - I've replied on your thread.

I've found that as my body/brain has got used to Pregabalin and it has levelled out my anxiety has returned but never to the heights that it was pre Pregabalin. The Pregabalin seems to take the edge off it still.

I agree with your thoughts about exercise, it must be frustrating having back pain. I exercise most days, even when I don't want to I still go and it does help. Is there any exercise you could do? Maybe swimming, yoga or walking?

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Ha Ha!! swopping threads like mad today!!!!

I walk with my dog for 1 and half hours a day and I am a cleaner 3 hrs a day at 48yrs old that's my lot

Many thanks for your replies guys!

Can I ask, do you take Pregabalin twice or three times per day. Im due to be on a twice daily routine. I took my first daytime dose at about 11am. Its now 6:30pm and it feels like it is wearing off. Excluding the first few hours, I didnt really feel much anxiety only a bit like a zombie, but it now seems a little more prevalent. Im assuming this is normal until my body balances out the doses. Also another query- is it possible to be having "withdrawl" effects just after increasing the dose - whilst that sounds a bit silly, what i mean is the body has just experienced an increase in the medication and a few hours before the next dose the level is dropping back down. I dont know if that makes any sense at all.

Yes its very true about the exercises being beneficial. I tend to go on long walks these days, but i find it doesn't quite burn the adrenaline like a good run or cycle.

With regards to the Hypnogogic Jerk - from most of what i have read, it seems to happen to people just as they are falling asleep at night. I find that I usually can get to sleep ok, but experience the "jerks" in the morning. Sometimes they wake me, but usually they start after i have first woken but then try to get back to sleep again. I havent really heard many people day they have it in the morning. That being said, it would make sense, like SarahH said, that it is your bodys natural reaction. I think maybe its my bodys way of saying to wake up for some reason.

Hi,

If you experience anxiety in the mornings that could be why you get the "jerks" as you are trying to go back to sleep then. They are a huge symptom of anxiety and on this forum there are many many threads about them.

Exercise is great for anxiety when you are younger. I used to run 6 miles a day in my thirties...but the joints cant take it now

I take my pregabalin twice a day after food as I find the side effects are worse on an empty tummy. I take them at 10am and 8pm. As it builds up in your system you should not notice the gaps in doses but if you miss a dose you may have the jitters a few hours later.

Take care

Sorry if you think im asking too many questions, but i find your advice invaluable. So much more incisive than a doctor repeating what the medicine sheet says.

One more thing i noticed when i first started taking Pregabalin at night was that during the night and when i woke in the morning i had really stiff joints, especially in my hands and fingers. It was also a bit painful. It would subside after a while.
    Is this anything you have experienced? It kind of felt like they were swollen. I generally have to sleep on my back due to the pain, usually with my hands resting on top of me. This wasn't particularly distressing just very odd.

I did make the mistake when i first took Pregabalin, of taking some xanax at the same time.... just knocked me out for the next day.

Again, many thanks guys! If you were all local, I'd buy you lunch! (was going to say a drink, but thats a no no on pregabalin right?!)

No problem with the questions...we all help each other

painful joints are a side effect listed. I have stiff hips.

And yes you can drink whilst taking pregabalin....but I would'nt advise going on a bender. If you have one drink it will feel like you have had three! so be careful

I found that 12 hours between doses was too much when I first started them, like you I felt an increase in anxiety about 8 hours after the morning dose. I used to take one at 8am, 3pm and 10pm. I now take one at 10am and two at 10pm which allows me to sleep well and wake with a little anxiety, without a hangover feeling and able to get up and on with my day and the daytime anxiety is low too.

I don't get joint pain with Pregabalin but I do with SSRI's and Mirtazapine. I hope you're both having relaxing evenings?

Thanks Sarah and Tufty!

Yes today i started to feel a little anxious about 8 hours or so after the morning dose, so i decided to go for a long walk (probably about 6kms). It helped and i now feel better, although my pain is acting up a little, its not too bad.
    From my understanding, this gap when the anxiety seems to pop up a little will subside with time. If that's the case then that's good. I must say that i was dreading today quite a lot, but it wasn't as bad as i was expecting. Not to say that is was all pleasant, i think my mental image of how it would be was far worse than the reality. I guess this is also the case with anxiety in general. We tend to think the worst will happen, but in reality it rarely does.

I'm still in the early days, but im determined to give this a good shot.

I'm just relaxing at home watching some "The Big Bang Theory". I got the series and its really funny. Never used to watch many TV series but recently started. So far have watched Warehouse 13 and Eureka. They're fairly light hearted series which are funny and good to relax. Also just relaxing with my wife as she just got back from work. She works as a Masseuse so i occasionally get a free massage, although i don't like to abuse that privilege as she works really hard and is so understanding of my issues.

I get the jerks too. They are normal, but are more intense when I'm stressed. Generally they occur in periods of half wakefulness. If you are being woken from a deep sleep with a rush of anxiety, that is something different (night terror). It's probably more likely to be related to an ongoing period of increased anxiety.

Hi Hanshan,

Yes I think you are correct about the jerks... I noticed they seem to be there when im more anxious. The less anxious i am in general, the less they occur in frequency and strength. The body is a funny thing isn't it.

This morning i woke up and had absolutely no jerks at all. So nice! I suspect its related to starting my daytime dose of Pregabalin yesterday as i felt generally calmer during the day, even though my initial dose was half a capsule (12.5mg). I felt pretty tired when i woke up, like i could still sleep some more, but I had to take my son to school. Usually, the morning is one of the worst times of the day for me, but so far its ok. The back / neck pain is still kind of annoying, but not extreme.

I think i read something previously about the levels of cortisol being higher in the morning as they increase during nighttime sleep. I also noticed that when im going through a better period, i tend to dream wheras when im not so good i don't. I considered it may be something to do with being able to get into REM sleep, although I may be off the mark.

Will be taking my second daytime dose today. Im still a bit nervous but not as much this time as I already experienced it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information