Thread: IBS Nightmare! Feeling so down.

Unhappy IBS Nightmare! Feeling so down.

I've been doing so well lately, obviously anxiety never really goes away, its always there, just for the past 3 months or so, I've been coping really well, it's nice having people to talk to, but over the weekend, me and my fella were both working download festival, it was amazing, but we were working 16 hour days (which I could never have done when I was really bad) but I wanted to throw myself in there. We were sleeping in a little tent, and we'd only get 5 hours sleep TOPS a night, on the second night I woke up about 5 times with panic attacks (also turns out the tent wasn't letting any oxygen in so it's a good job I woke up) The minute it happened my IBS was back like a shot, I don't understand how it happened so quickly, i was on the toilet all night and had about 2 hours sleep, The next day I couldn't get off it! It's painful dia and bowel spasms and I literally can't get off the toilet, I was working on a VERY busy food stand and felt like I was really fobbing them off, as we wern't really allowed breaks and All the other staff we're getting angry with me, since then my anxiety hasn't come back terribly but I've started to worry slightly, and when I do I have to run to the toilet, and stay there for about half an hour, it's vile! And I can't explain it to anyone it's so embarrassing, I went there to hopefully make friends, and it just made me feel like the outcast, I'm pretty sure everyone was laughing at me behind my back and I think I smelt too which was horrible, It's really brought me down, I have like no friends what so ever, I felt so much better I just wanted to be normal again, now I feel so far from it, I feel disgusting. I'm never going to make friends as long as I'm like this :( No one understands how disgusting I felt and feel. I don't want to be me anymore.

Re: IBS Nightmare! Feeling so down.

I'm sorry you're having a such a hard time right now :( you're certainly not alone and if people are laughing behind your back then they're not worth your time. Those who would have the potential to be friends would show you sympathy and support.
    Practically could you get some immodium to see you through? drink peppermint or chamomile tea which are very good for soothing stomach issues.
    Try not to worry everybody gets ill!
    Best wishes
    X

Could just be you had a tummy upset [food related]. don't worry

I was thinking the same as Tessie. As soon as you said you were up and down, just remember sweetie - you were in a new situation and doing things you don't normally do. Sleeping less hours than usual things were bound to compound. Try not to be so hard on yourself. I would like to think people wouldn't be so critial of the actions of others. Me myself, I know there is always a reason for things to happen - What others do, is their business. So try change the way you think about this, start by thinking they were worried and concerned about you having to keep going to the bathroom. People who judge others and are critical usually see in others what they don't like about themselves. Whatever they say about you is their business, they don't walk in your shoes sweetie. I personally do not have a lot of friends as such, I know a lot of people but I don't let a lot of people "IN" in my life. Out of fear? I don't know. . . I know I do crave that friendship sometimes but then other times I think, thank goodness I don't have that to contend with some of the things that come along with it. If you need a chat or feeling down you can message me Just don't let how you THINK others view you control how you feel. You cannot control that, but you CAN control the way you feel about you.

Thread Information