Thread: Sertraline withdrawal 6 days & counting...

Sertraline withdrawal 6 days & counting...

Hello,
    I haven't been on here for a while as I was doing ok on my sertraline it's been 18 months and I felt so well that I decided to taper off the meds,going from 100mg to 75mg,50mg and 25mg then every other day.
    I had many headaches,lightheadedness,dizzy spells,rapid heartbeat and increased appetite in the last 8 weeks ,had last 25mg 6 days ago heres whats happening...
    Went away for the weekend for a break and ended up having anxiety attack in the hotel room one evening. Just crept over me really fast I felt scared,breathless the lovely brain zaps jolting me awake.I had my emergency 2.5mg diazepam which calmed me down within 30mins and let me sleep.
    That was two days ago brain zaps have gone,headaches returned and getting strange gagging sensation in my throat anyone else had this one?
    I hear it can take 2-4 wks to get out of your system, hope things will improve as I really don't want to go back on them.
    Trying to remember all the CBT practices and be positive but it is very hard.
    Would love to hear if anyone has gone past the 4 wks and how they feel?

Re: Sertraline withdrawal 6 days & counting...

Update... now having extreme bloating! Feel like I have put a stone on in two days but it's all gas...I can hear my tummy exploding on the inside! Also woke up the other day and everything was foggy,washed face ,rubbed eyes and still foggy ,quite a scary experience didn't subside for 3 hrs!

Re: Sertraline withdrawal 6 days & counting...

Can take months to get back to normal..
    I guess its different for everyone, factors like how long someone took meds for, which med it was etc..
    Personally I've been med free 2 yrs... Took about 6 months before I felt better...
    But I was on meds 11 yrs.

Thread Information