Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat Room Tech Support

Chat Room Tech Support

RealChat Support

RealChat is the software which provides NoMorePanic with the chat facility. If you are having difficulty in using chat, please follow these useful tips.

RealChat is a Java applet that can be accessed with any Java-enabled browser, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, Netscape Communicator 6, and higher. For the best experience, we recommend that you upgrade to the latest browser version available. Most modern browsers will update themselves. If you are in any doubt, please contact the vendor of your Internet Browser. This can normally be done from the ‘Help’ menu in your Browser.

Windows Users: To ensure that you are fully-functional, we strongly recommend that you get the latest version of Sun’s Java plug-in. Sun Microsystems is the creator of Java, and their free plug-in will let you enjoy the best of RealChat, and other Java applications as well.

Download The Latest Java Here Sun Java Website

Locating NoMorePanic RealChat

To access the NoMorePanic chat facility, you first need to login to the NoMorePanic website. In order to do this, navigate to the top left of this screen. Enter your Username and Password and click Login.

At the top of this page you will see some links. In the centre there is a Chat Room link. Click this to be taken to RealChat. Alternatively, Click Here!

When using the RealChat facility, another Browser window will open. This browser window must remain open for the duration of your stay within the NoMorePanic chat facility. Closing this window will also close the chat window.

It may be necessary for some users with Pop-Up Blockers, and/or Firewalls, to amend their setting to allow the computer access to the NoMorePanic website. In order to do this, please refer to the documentation supplied with your Pop-Up Blocker and/or Firewall.
    It may occasionally be required to restart your browser when problems accessing RealChat persist. To do this, simply go to ‘File’ > ‘Exit’, or Press Alt + F4 until all browser windows are closed.

Using RealChat

To get a detailed overview of the features within RealChat, please visit the RealChat Support Link below.

RealChat Technical Documents

Please Note: Some of the functions listed on the RealChat Support Pages may have been disabled within the NoMorePanic chat facility. These functions have been removed to protect your identity, and improve security within the site.

RealChat Code Of Conduct

Please visit the NoMorePanic ChatRoom Code Of Conduct

Still Having Problems?

It has now become clear that Internet Explorer Security settings are affecting users' ability to access RealChat. NoMorePanic is a site without Advertisments, SpyWare, MalWare, Virus', or any other form of malicious content. With most Internet Browsers, you can allow certain Websites to be 'Trusted'. This will disable the security settings for that particular website. Here is a video tutor on how to make NoMorePanic a Trusted Site (Microsoft Internet Explorer). Click Here!
    By following the tutor, this should enable users who are still having connectivity problems to access RealChat.

If you are still encountering problems with NoMorePanic Chat, please make a thread including the following information, including as much detail as you can find;

• Your Operating System (i.e. Windows Vista)
    • Your Internet Service Provider (i.e. VirginMedia)
    • Your Internet Browser (i.e. Microsoft Internet Explorer)
    • Your Anti-Virus, SpyWare and Firewall Applications (i.e. Norton Security Suit)

It would also be helpful to include version numbers of all of the above if possible.
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 10-04-13 at 16:08.

Re: Chat Room Tech Support

i am unable to get into the chat room, whenever i attempt to get in my browser window freezes and says not responding. java is installed as well, i am operating the latest version of firefox with windows vista my spyware in mcafee

any ideas??

Could your firewall be blocking it?

Lisa

hmmmmm dont think so everything seems to be set up to allow access, how annoying i cant chat to you lovley people. lol

Are you blocking pop-ups?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yeah sorry that's what i meant lmao!!

Lisa - your point was valid too. I can't access chat from work as the firewall blocks it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Just spent over an hour trying to get into Chat after my browser crashed.

It was fine yesterday!

The Java says "Error. Click here" and when I do it brings up an error saying Java "failed to run" and a box of script starting with "load: class rcs.client.RealChatClient.class not found.".

Have tried to fix it using advice, but have lost patience with it now.

Hi Neo,

Have you tried completely uninstalling Java, then reinstalling it?

Lynnann

Does your chat supports Mac OS 10.6? And if do so, my firewall is off and its kinda not allowing me when the loading reaches 80%. Regards...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information