Hello.

I've been diagnosed with IBS in the past and am a terrible worrier in general with particular worries about health.

For the past couple of weeks I have had loose bowels (sorry if TMI) with a particular feeling of discomfort settling in the lowest part of my abdomen - sometimes feeling worse when I bend.

I have seen my usual GP twice and another GP in the space of 2 weeks because I'm so frightened by these symptoms, imagining the worst as usual. My regular GP felt around my abdomen & listened with a stethoscope, telling me that there was nothing untoward as I didn't appear to be losing weight & hadn't mentioned any other of the 'red-flag' symptoms -(presumably blood in the toilet, feverishness, etc).

On each occasion I have been told that it is just IBS, that I am currently experiencing IBS-D & there was no mention of needing a blood test or colonoscopy.

Today I had a full-on dose of the runs & it really panicked me.

I was just wondering whether anyone else had a similar experience & whether calming down helped to alleviate the symptoms at all?

I seem to have the discomfort in my lower abdomen from pretty much when I wake up & going to the loo doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've been using flax/linseeds & cutting out bread & dairy where possible as suggested by the doctors.

I've done the usual silly thing of hunting on the internet for reassurance but all that's done is scare me further.
I'm male, early 40s and in generally good health.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.