Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't think it's working...

Re: I don't think it's working...

I'm doing okay, thanks for asking how are you doing now on them? Hope you are doing well.

I'm on day 11 of mine and this is my first day where I'm just feeling really down. It might not be the mirt though but I'm just not feeling great today.

Hopefully I will feel better later on!

Quote Originally Posted by greg123 View Post
    Thank you dreambeliever, this is my 7th day on them, although I am having some side effects I think it's mainly anxiety causing me to panic not the meds. I suppose sitting at home on my own doesn't really help as I'm unable to go into work at the minute because of this I think it's making it worse. So I went to the gym after I wrote this and it seemed to take my mind off it. But thank you for your help, I hope you're doing ok
    Hey Greg,

I'm on day 38 and I've had a few ups and downs this week with Mirt but I think some of it can be attributed to personal circumstances. I have felt more morning anxiety right now but it's like waves once I get up and start going for the day it seems to die down- periods of inactivity seem to make me question if I'm feeling anxious or not.

I logged in here in the early days and still keep a running log. I'm not going to lie the first few days weren't great but I was tapering off fluox too so I put this down to stopping an SSRI and starting Mirt. Again I like you wanted to quit then and questioned but I would say weeks 2-4 I felt markedly better, happy even and sort of levelled out like I could combat everything in my way! As I say the last few days have been not so great but I think if you can make it through the next few days and just pass it off as side effects hopefully you will start to feel the benefits. I know it can take atleast 2-4 weeks if not a bit longer before you feel the full effects etc. Keep posting and good luck.

Thanks everyone, I think the mirt is making me a bit more anxious and I haven't seemed to see any improvement after 3 weeks. but I went to the doctors today and she gave me propranolol and told me to carry on with the mirt, is anyone else taking this? hope you're all doing OK!

Smile Re: I don't think it's working...

Quote Originally Posted by greg123 View Post
    Thanks everyone, I think the mirt is making me a bit more anxious and I haven't seemed to see any improvement after 3 weeks. but I went to the doctors today and she gave me propranolol and told me to carry on with the mirt, is anyone else taking this? hope you're all doing OK!
    Hi Greg I have been on Mirtazapine since January started on 15mg and am now on 45mg at night, I don't think it has been a lot of help to me with anxiety/panic, compared to others I have tried in past. Only side effect is drowsiness. I am seeing my GP Friday so am going to discuss with him then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information