Thread: Feeling hot like a temperature

Feeling hot like a temperature

Hi

Sorry for posting so much but I'm really struggling at the moment.

Can anyone tell me have you ever experienced feeling hot as a symptom of anxiety?

My anxiety is through the roof at the moment and I think I have about 4 different terminal illnesses and I've been having issues with feeling hot. I managed to forget about it but my husband came in last night and hugged me and said "god you feel really hot" so that started me off again.

My head doesn't feel hot but I'm terrified I'm running a temperature and its a signal of something serious going on.

I've been feeling like this on and off for a few weeks and just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

thanks

Re: Feeling hot like a temperature

Ive been like this alot this week and i have been up and down with my anxiety. x

Anxiety can raise your temperature slightly, although it may be anything - housework, wearing too many layers, etc. Lots of things can cause a slight increase in body temperature.

Hello munchet!!

My partner said the same thing to me last night - WOW YOU ARE BOILING!!! and of course, kept feeling my temperature every 5 minutes!!! - ecspecially since he was nice and cool.

It is unusually humid this week, so dont fear - I have been feeling hot all week, I am even know! I feel I have a temperature - anxiety is definately the cause of this.......

also hormones are a big part (in my case atm).

x

Thanks for the replies, took my temperature and it said it was 36.4 then 36.7 and then 37.0 so I guess that's normal. Obviously my HA is telling me there's something up with my thermometer now and it's wrong because my face feels like it's burning up!

Having said that doesn't feel hot to touch, feels like I'm burning on the inside, I started sertraline a few days ago so not sure if it's something to do with that.

I also had temperature issues a few weeks ago when I was coming of Prozac so maybe it's something to do with SSRI's

I feel boiling a lot of the time with anxiety; I break out in hot flushes. I don't actually have a fever or anything (I've checked); it's just the blood rushing to strange places because stress hormones make your body think you're about to do something strenuous. Anxiety more often than not makes people hot; think of how hot and sweaty comedians always are :P

Thread Information