Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just had CBT assessment for health anxiety

just had CBT assessment for health anxiety

hi,

just wanted to let you know that i had my CBT assessment today. I was dreading it and was pretty close to cancelling it as i have had counselling before and i just found that really distressing. But, it was great, and i feel really positive now. The psychologist told me that it will all be about concentrating on how i feel now, and not dragging up the past etc. He said it will be very practical (which is great for me). I'm going to see him every 2 weeks, and he's going to give me tasks to work on to hopefully (eventually) sort out my health anxiety.

So, if anyone is currently waiting for CBT for health anxiety, just to let you know that my first experience has been very positive. If anyone is interested in finding out more about what we cover in the sessions, let me know, and i can post a bit more about it (as long as it's not too embarassing [:I])

mag xx

Hi,

I'm currently on the list, had a letter through the post today detailing that I'm on the list and as soon as their is a place I will be contacted.

I would like to know more if possible please?

Red

Oh Mags

Im so pleased for you honey !! at last some kind of light at the end of the tunnel for you.

Keep me informed as to how your doing and what your doing as well because my health anxiety has got so bad again lately

Hugs

Sue
    xxxx

scknight

Hi Mags,

i have myCBT assessment next month, so i would be interested in anymore info. I am hoping they won't just try and drag up past problems as well. I had something similar many moons ago and didn't find it helpful. However my gp has assured me its different now. I so hope they can stop me from being so aware of health and the constant checking.
    Good luck,
    anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

HI MAGS,please add me to the list

Nice one Mags.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi.

Glad it went ok for you.

Scooby2005
    x x

hi, i will post some more when i've had my next session. For the moment, he's given me some stuff to read about health anxiety and i've got to choose a couple of things that we can work on next time. He said to choose something that gives me some anxiety, but not major anxiety. I'll have to have a think about what i want to do, but i'm thinking maybe something like looking at health articles in magazines, which is something i avoid doing at the moment.

I'm already thinking about what i might be able to do for things that make me more anxious - maybe looking at pictures of people who look really sick or something? I'm not sure how we will deal with my major problem which is finding symptoms in myself, but i guess we will deal with that later on.

Anyway, i'll let you know how i get on. I hope i have some positive news for people, but even if it is not, at least you might find out a bit about what to expect in your sessions.

thanks for your replies and support,
    mag

I had my cbt assessment yesterday swo i shall keep people posted too!!!

I am very interested in CBT - please post titles of any books or resources you are given or recommended. I think CBT can be helpful for lots of things, not just anxiety. I find it very interesting to read about how the mind works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information