Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weakness, burning and aching.

Weakness, burning and aching.

I've suffered with health based anxiety for as long as I can remember, I've had 3 really bad battles with it, once at school when a friend died of meningitis and just over 3 year ago I thought I was dying of lung cancer, brain cancer and all the nasty cancers in between. My third spell with it has been over the last 6 months, I've convinced myself I have lung cancer, spread to my bones and kidney and in the last week brain. I'm going out of my mind, I see no future for myself but I refuse to seek help for anxiety from my gp. My symptoms are left arm and leg weakness with a heavy dull ache in left arm and left foot and a burning sensation in the bottom of my legs and left arm with occasional burning sensation on face. I've had numerous tests and all ok. I just can't put these symptoms down to anxiety, no matter how many times I've been told. I refuse to take medication for the problem because I had a bad experience with tablets for anxiety a few year back. Does anybody else experience symptoms like this? I'm 28 years old and have a young family but don't really have a life because of these aches and pains. They stop me doing so much. I get these even when I'm not anxious an they can start as soon as I open my eyes an sometimes wake me in the night. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Weakness, burning and aching.

I would really encourage you to get treatment for your anxiety. I had several symptoms I just knew were from something horrible but since they go away within 20 minutes of taking lorazepam then I know they are from anxiety. Do it for your family, you all deserve to be happy.

I'm just finding it difficult to accept these symptoms can be caused by anxiety and I don't want to rush into just seeing the dr and then him prescribing me tablets for the rest of my life. I know I need help its just what kind, I used to spend all night up on google and at the drs every day, sometimes twice, now I'm too scared to go to the dr because I've diagnosed myself and I don't want it to be confirmed, I also keep my problems from my partner and family and friends which I don't think helps. I think medication would be a good idea if I could persuade myself anxiety was the problem.

Hi trikky

I can relate to your left arm aching/heavy feeling and i also get strange sensations at times (burning in elbow) .

If you have a look a page or two back there was a survey and it seems quite a few of us here have left-sided symptoms.

I did go to dr in the end- (long story- but i was made redundant too and had a bit of a breakdown) She has put me on sertraline. This has helped in the sense that i can now eat and sleep ! However, i'll be honest they do have side-effects - and for example some of these can be numbness/tingling- which is some of the things i was worrying about so that is confusing!

To be hones- my family kinda forced me to go to drs. Anyway- sending you best wishes= and have a look at the graph and comments- it may help.

Ccat x

I can understand the aching in the arm it's the left foot and the burning in the legs, at the times I get them, waking up with them an stuff.

Trikky-

I have read that burning pains can be caused by Vitamin b12 defficiency?

Don't know if you've ever had this tested?

i really do sympathise- it is so frightening having symptoms like this

Ccat

Yeah been tested for everything really, got a spine MRI to come up soon because its getting worse an more frequent. I've tried to connect anxiety with burning sensation in the legs and can't quite pull em together, this is what's worrying me.

I see- just a thought. You know- I think when you get anxious quite often- even if you are not consciously anxious at a particular moment you can still get symptoms. Also I think when you first wake up you get a bit of an adrenalin rush so that may be a link?

I just thought, well was hoping, somebody on here might have had the symptom but it doesn't look the case. Looks like it could be something other than anxiety which drives the anxiety on even more.

I know how you feel. I also have some unexplained symptoms which I have diagnosed myself with lung c. It's awful I kno Im twenty two and have a young baby so I know how it feels for this to ruin nearly every day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information