Thread: Early days on pregab

Early days on pregab

Wonder if anyone can help. I've had really severe anxiety/depression alongside a diagnosis of manic depression and x2 hospital stays (second on section). I've basicallly been 'stable' for some time and was able to start (parttime0 work 5 mths ago. But the anxiety and suicidal thoughts are constantly present and am on clonoazpam v small doses. I basically begged my psych for prebab and am starting on 75mg x2, this time next week it'll be150mg x2. But I feel like absolute shit. i can't sleep at night, I'm achey, feel dehydrated and tingly (but not pins and needles). He's taken me off mirtazapine (which used to help at night and am still on venlaxafine + valproate. This feels really tough. Am also due to go to America in 3 weeks and can't stand prospect if feeling like this.
    Sorry for long post, but has anyone had similar experiences with early days on pregab?
    Thanks so much - if this doesn't work I just don't know what happens next

Re: Early days on pregab

Hi Pegpirate,

You don't say how long you have been taking pregabalin. It's possible what you describe could be side effects which should clear after a few days. Stick with it until you can see if it's working or not.

Thanks. Five days so far.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Hi,

Is it like a "drunkeness" feeling and spaced out? If so that sounds like start up side effects which do gradually wear off. Although I still do get a little spacey about 3 hrs after taking my morning dose.

I did a quick check, and a number of doctors are now prescribing anticonvulsants (eg pregabalin) for bipolar manic depression. So stick with it. I can't say how it will work for you, but give it a try.

If you've just come off mirtazapine, the withdrawal could be causing most of the symptoms you describe.

I stayed on mirtazapine, while adding pregabalin and has no problem going from 150-600mg in 4 weeks.

All the best, hope the problems ease soon for you.

Thread Information