Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, no it stopped working over night

Oh, no it stopped working over night

Was on 15mg of this stuff for 3 weeks, it changed my life, I was happy, infact I never thought it was possible to get to that level ever again, but there I was, then over the space of 48 hours, it just stopped working, everything about no longer worked, even the side effects disappeared overnight, Ie the sedentary effect, the mucnhies, all stopped, and I am back to where I was before I started them.

What the hell has happened I thought it was a miracle drug, but to stop that quick is a major downer.

I have upped the does to 30mg, but that has so far had no effect.

I have to be really careful about spiraling out of control again.

So has anybody else been on them when they literary stopped over night, I hope its just a blip :(

Re: Oh, no it stopped working over night

Why have you upped your dosage ? Stick with what the doc has prescribed you, it can take a while, (weeks and weeks) for the stuff to do what it's supposed too.

Take your time and you'll be fine. You pass a lot of of your body (which is normal) so go back to the dose that you were prescribed and take it when your supposed to, I take mine on a night time before bed, your's will probably be the same.

It could be a combination of things my friend, so don't hold that to blame for your down and ups. it will take time, stick with it.

I have upped my dose as that's all the GP would have done anyway, the Crisis team just started me off on a low does to see how it went.

I find it crazy that it stopped or I became tolerant to it so quickly. If you search the web (wrong thing to do I know), there are stories of this happening, its just terrible that it was working so well, for it to just give up the ghost so quickly and suddenly.

Well, I have battled on, and its slowly getting worse, the pills are having less and less effect, but I'm still left with this list of side effects which do not subside.

Over eating
    Brain Zaps
    Tinnitus when closing eyes
    Dizziness
    Dreams I have trouble telling from reality
    Severe Anger Issues (Getting too the point I think I may lose control of it)

Strangely my GP did mention something that may be related, is that when all was going well on these tablets, I was on a manufacturer (MediReich), it may be a coincidence but two days after my new prescription (which was a completely different manufacturer) things have gone down hill, I have had about 2 and half months on the second manufacturer , now to prove a point, I have been asking around to see if I can get the first manufacturer again, this may be be possible it turns out , so will see if it was just a coincidence.

I would describe it has having tomato sauce, you have the value range right up to the organic home brew, all of it is branded as tomato sauce but some taste better than others and have better ingredients, I suspect tablets are the same.

Ok, with the GP's agreement,I have been trying shop around for original maker, but its turning out to be easy to get hold of rocking horse s..t. So have swapped to a different maker, basically I like the colour of the box (well it was the same colour of the original, orange)!!.

My thinking is that if two manufacturers have no effect on me it is unlikely to be the manufacturers but my tolerance to the drug, which will be shame, as I am back to square one again.

Last update on this, different manufacturers have made no difference whats so ever, and the pills have completely stopped working, I may as well be taking a sweet ever night, that said the side effects have become really bad:-

1. Legs, and feet swell up so that they are painful and hard to walk on
    2. Muscles ache after not moving for a few minutes
    3. Hands swelling
    4. Aggression and anger, to the point I have now no control over it :(

So given up, probably explaining the spiral down again, not sure I can be bothered this time to seek help, whats the point, after all, just more pills thrown at me, maybe 10 minutes of a GP's time, Crisis team have off loaded me, so no where left to go.

I don't take meds anymore. Exercise, diet, lifestyle changes , they work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsky View Post
    I don't take meds anymore. Exercise, diet, lifestyle changes , they work for me.
    I'm wondering the same, after 11 years of constant pills, maybe its them that's causing it all, and that underneath I am Ok. I feel that I have become addicted to pills, and am more than a little nervous at stopping them, then again, it can't be any worse than this can it.

Quote Originally Posted by sambomonkee View Post
    I'm wondering the same, after 11 years of constant pills, maybe its them that's causing it all, and that underneath I am Ok. I feel that I have become addicted to pills, and am more than a little nervous at stopping them, then again, it can't be any worse than this can it.
    Just like me, I took meds 11 yrs, felt worse on them than I was before taking them.
    Decided to give my brain a chance to rewire itself. I was at a stage where I had nothing to lose by trying, I couldn't feel any worse, so gave meds up. Best thing I did. Meds gave me symptoms I never had before taking them..

As opposed to me - if I accidentally miss a dose of my meds, I start noticing the negative feelings within a few hours.

The best I can say is that there is no single correct path for everyone. You have to find your own way, but with help along the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information