Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Tests

Blood Tests

I got my results back from my full blood test. All ok and the doctor said I was a very healthy woman A question though, which I should have asked the Doc. If I had Cancer would my blood results be normal? thanks

Re: Blood Tests

No your blood tests would not be normal if you had cancer, if you have had a full blood test then you are fine

Thank you

Do not worry , the full blood count is one of the most accurate tests done to show a picture of someone's health , if there was anything is your body that could cause harm to you it would cause a huge change in the full blood count results , enjoy your health and stay healthy x

I'll second that, your white cells would be high and the doc would want further tests done.

Thanks for your replies, this site is so good for support. All of the pain has gone now, just left with the tight clothes around my waist and hoping that is just me putting on weight and not my ovarian cancer fear! Damn HA

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    No your blood tests would not be normal if you had cancer, if you have had a full blood test then you are fine
    I've just got my blood results back to, unavoidable being pregnant and I couldn't believe it but all my tests came back fine.
    I know it sounds stupid but I'm immune against rubella! Yep I know I'm crazy but that means I actually do have a decent immune system

My full blood count all fine and the shocker was I'm no longer anaemic my level is 14.6 and apparently that's very good any level below 10-11 is when it's a problem.
    The thing is I was under a consultant haematologist years ago and was told to always take iron.

WOW before my pregnancy I've cancelled a blood test last year, called my mum hysterical I was petrified at them finding something.

Gosh I still think the midwife has given me the wrong results

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

turnthelighton- so pleased yours are fine too x

Hi Col, great news. Is such a small space of time I have gone from accepting to doubting again. Just read that ovarian cancer can not be detected in normal blood test!!! But surely my blood test would pick up something if it was serious, also read a story of a woman with oc that had an expanded waistline like me.......arggghhhh :-(

Quote Originally Posted by turnthelighton View Post
    Hi Col, great news. Is such a small space of time I have gone from accepting to doubting again. Just read that ovarian cancer can not be detected in normal blood test!!! But surely my blood test would pick up something if it was serious, also read a story of a woman with oc that had an expanded waistline like me.......arggghhhh :-(

Ahh bless you Hun X

I think one lesson I've learnt from this though is don't always think the worse.
    I honestly am hurrendous, before setting off to Monday's midwife appointment, I went through ALL the possibilities and they are pretty messed up,

They won't find babys heart beat
    My blood tests will detect something really abnormal
    My wee will have protein - preeclampsia and they'll rush me straight to hospital
    My bp will be too high or low

And all was fine , so I'm going to take this as a lesson & next time remember how I have felt before and reflect on this particular day if I have another meltdown in future XXX

The funny thing is Ive got a biomedical science BSc and have studied all this at length and have worked at the blood bank. I'm crazy!

Perhaps call and try and get the doc to call you to discuss your concerns, the only other way for sure is the dreaded smear.

Collette

The CA125 blood test will check for ovarian cancer but you have to ask for that.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information