Thread: prozac sleeping issues.

prozac sleeping issues.

I go back to the doctor july 1 for my one month on prozac checkup. and feel so much happier but my anxiety is still somewhat around and i find it so hard to sleep at night between nightime anxiety and the prozac keeping me up if thats what it is. i was thinking to bumping to 30 or 40 mgs but i also dont want it to continue to keep me up at night. Does anyone know if this will go away and ill be able to sleep better after time? im almost at a month so i figured i would be good by now. Also is it a good idea to bump up the mgs a little since im still getting anxiety?

Re: prozac sleeping issues.

My answer is no to both questions, Prozac full therapeutic effect isn't reached until between 8-12 weeks so you are nowhere near that mark yet. Most people report sleep problems for the first couple of months, I certainly did but its evened out to normal now n I'm 23 weeks on Prozac (I think lol). Talk to your Doctor about it but 20mg maybe the right dose, no point rushing it and upping it when you don't need to. The initial heightened anxiety evens out after a couple of months too, differs between individuals though x x

yea i was thinking that it is still kind of early for me to decide to bump it up but figured it ask and see what people thought im hoping the sleep issues fix with time and glad to hear others have had sleep problems in the beginning. its like im soo tired at night but cannot fall asleep for anything.

I stuggled with sleeping for quite a few weeks, but as Super said it will get better as the meds start to take effect, it does take a good 6 - 8 weeks for it to really get in your system so I would give it longer before you think about bumping it up. Once I got over the first few weeks 20mg was enough and still is and I have been on it since last September.

try phenergan helps the sleep xo

I take Melatonin, it's over the counter in the US. 10 mg per night helped me big time. I've had sleep issues my entire life.

Thread Information