Thread: Hi Just Joined

Wink Hi Just Joined

Hello my onescreen name is moonlinght1974 or just moonlight for short.

My story i had gone for many years with undiagnosed Post traumatic stress disorder from my childhood. I was finally diagnosed with depression and anxiety when i was 52 3 years ago. I then spent some time in Dunedin mental health services and was an outpatient for 2 1/2 years. I have learnt a lot of lifeskills and how to cope with life. Has anybody heard the saying "to forget about life for a while"

I have been married twice 1st marriage ended in divorce. My 2nd marriage ended in the death of my partner and i have been by myself for the last 5 1/2 years realy figuring out who i am.

Re: Hi Just Joined

moonlight

Sorry to hear you have been though so much.

I have never heard the saying before and it would be interesting to hear your coping strategies.

Hi moonlight. It's amazing how things from childhood can come back and bite you, that has even my experience. I have spent many years trying to "find myself" and finally after a loooong search, I think I am getting there. I hope that you are able to make some similar discoveries at yourself. You certainly have come to the right place. There's a great network of people here offering very genuine advice and support. No one is ever judged, you are free to say how it feels and is amazing how much of a benefit it is to post about how you are feeling, it doesn't mater how crazy you feel you sound, there always seems to be someone out there who has felt the same. Anyway, welcome and I hope you find NMP as beneficial as I have.

Quote Originally Posted by flori View Post
    moonlight

Sorry to hear you have been though so much.

I have never heard the saying before and it would be interesting to hear your coping strategies.

Comes from the Billy Joel song piano man. Here is a youtube link with lyrics.

One of my coping strategies is i listen to music, for some of us flori listening to music is how we attempt to get in touch with our feelings and to let the feelings out. I have quite a lot of music and songs that i play.

Other coping strategies is what i have learnt in the day programme and putting them into action.

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
    Hi moonlight. It's amazing how things from childhood can come back and bite you, that has even my experience. I have spent many years trying to "find myself" and finally after a loooong search, I think I am getting there. I hope that you are able to make some similar discoveries at yourself. You certainly have come to the right place. There's a great network of people here offering very genuine advice and support. No one is ever judged, you are free to say how it feels and is amazing how much of a benefit it is to post about how you are feeling, it doesn't mater how crazy you feel you sound, there always seems to be someone out there who has felt the same. Anyway, welcome and I hope you find NMP as beneficial as I have.
    Yeah i had a nightmare childhood from 3 onwards but that will all be told in due time when the time is right .

hi moonlight
    welcome

Hi and welcome x

"to forget about life for a while"
    How do you manage to to do that, wish I could!

Any of your coping strategies would be very useful if you feel like sharing.

Karen x

Gill

Hi moonlight. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Hi thanks everyone.

I tend to forget about life for a while by listening to music i like. I will share links when i can

looking forward to your music likes....i too like listening to music...it helps

Thread Information