Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suicidal feelings on Citalopram

Suicidal feelings on Citalopram

I've been on Cit for several months, my anxiety improved a bit but throughout I have had mood swings and suicidal feelings. The feelings seem to come when I'm on a downer, everything spirals quickly and I feel dizzy and start thinking about how I wish I was dead, to end the pain of life.

I wonder if these suicidal feelings are more prominant on Cit or if they would be here even without it.

Anyone relate to these feelings?

Re: Suicidal feelings on Citalopram

I wasn't on cit, but it's common with a lot of meds... I had intrusive thoughts while taking meds... Couldn't pick up a kitchen knife without a thought of killing myself...
    Never get them since coming off meds...

I don't know what to do, I feel sick, I can't bear it anymore, I don't have time to go to the doctors, I have to work tomorrow, I wish I'd never been put on Cit as the mood swings are awful.

How long you been on cit?

About 7 months, throughout this time I've had the thoughts, I do have good days and when things are going well I don't have them, but the smallest little setback and they come back and within minutes I'm thinking about how taking my life is inevitable at some point and it will be the only way to ease all the pain and anguish I feel in life.

Have you told the doc about these thoughts ?
    I had anxiety induced depression ... The meds I took for .11 yrs didn't do much to help..infact in the end I was feeling so bad on them, I decided I couldn't surely feel any worse, so came off them...and wasn't easy after 11 yrs to wean off..
    It's been 2 yrs now off meds, never felt better...
    I know that's just me personally , but I'm no fan of meds and what they're doing to our brains ...

No, I haven't told the doctors, I told me CBT therapist but that finished months ago. I really should go to the doctor as its worrying. I never was a fan of medication, I took it out of desperation to help ease anxiety. But these thoughts are awful and there are becoming more real.

Definitely go see doc.
    The anxiety made me depressed in first place.. Which is why i started meds..
    You have to deal with the anxiety issues eventually..as meds only mask it..

I thought I had dealt with it, I'm not even sure what the Cit does, I will see my GP.

Best of luck.
    Just a tip, as great as this forum is, the thing with anx is you have to try and live like you don't have the condition.. Your mind can't get a break or recover from it if you spend all day talking/ reading about it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information